» reminisce «

All those things that you used to do
That made me fall in love with you

****
December 2, 2014
****

Olivia and Tom awoke the next morning entangled with each other. They didn't wake up to Scout cuddling into their bed. They didn't get woken up much earlier then they planned. They woke up on their own time with just each other. Olivia's arms wrapped comfortably around Tom's waist and she pulled herself as close as her baby bump would allow.

 Olivia's arms wrapped comfortably around Tom's waist and she pulled herself as close as her baby bump would allow

Olivia's eyes opened slowly as Tom's large hand began rubbing her stomach. She looked up to him and he kissed her forehead. She smiled bashfully at him. "How'd you sleep?" Tom asked.

"I haven't slept this good in three years. It was amazing," Olivia said. She stretched her arms up to officially declare morning.

"That makes me happy, Liv. We've got to soak up this time before Baby Brady comes," Tom said kissing her forehead again.

"What do you want to do today?" Olivia asked wrapping her arms back around Tom.

"I just want to lay here with you all day," Tom answered. Their time together was so valuable and precious. With Tom's busy football schedule, Scout running around, and preparing for Baby Brady,  Tom and Olivia rarely had more than 5 minutes together at a time. Football was getting to the busy point in the season where playoffs were just around the corner.

The sun was leaking through the pulled blinds and it looked like a beautiful day in South Carolina. The room was only lit up by the sun, with no lights on to help it. The room was all white, sending a calming mood throughout the room. It seemed so pure. So elegant.

Laying in the quiet bed with Tom sent Olivia's mind flashing back to the last time they had a weekend alone.

It was right before Scout was born and the family took a vacation to Montana. Tom loved to ski and usually Olivia did too. But being nearly 8 months pregnant then, she opted to watch Tom from their large cabin on top of the mountain.

"What are you thinking about?" Tom asked. He shifted to sit up a little more in the bed.

"When it was just me and you. All we had was time together. How it was so much simpler then and how maybe that was our downfall. We don't have enough time like this," Olivia explained. She held onto Tom's hands that were wrapped tightly around her.

"It's not like we didn't fight back then. Remember the first time you came to Boston? And we got in that huge fight and you started walking home in the rain," Tom chuckled at the memory.

"Thank God for Rob Gronkowski. I thought our relationship was over and I wouldn't see you again," Olivia said, squeezing Tom's hand.

"I'm so glad we didn't end it that day," Tom said thankfully. Olivia rose her head to see his beaming baby blue eyes.

"Me too," she whispered back. Imagining ending their relationship way back then was unbearable. Fate and a Range Rover brought Tom back to her. "Promise me that when we get back to Boston, we will make more time for each other. I don't like feeling so distant from you," she said. Her small hand reached up to touch his scruffy face before pulling his face close to hers.

"I promise with all my heart," Tom said, he held out his pinky to honor the promise but Olivia sealed the promise with a meeting of their lips instead.

Super short update... But it's been so long since I have updated! With this get away, are Tom and Olivia's problems long gone?