» tonight «

Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again

****
August 5th, 2014
****

The ride was silent. Unfortunately it was an uncomfortable silence. The two, who were once madly in love, couldn't find the words to make the ride any less unfamiliar. The excitement that once filled Olivia for a night with just Tom, started to disappear with every block they drove.

Memories began to overtake Olivia's mind. Tom took her to a fancy Boston area restaurant called L'Espalier on the first date they went on when she came back to Boston. After that date they got in a huge fight and Olivia began walking in the rain and eventually Rob Gronkowski had to come save her. She hoped for anything but a repeat of that night. A chill spread through her body, just thinking about how naive she was to walk out on Tom in the restaurant. How naive she thought. Then she began thinking that she almost left Tom and Scout just yesterday because she wanted to be in New York. How naive. She realized maybe she hadn't matured as much as she originally thought from that night.

The silent Range Rover pulled up to the location of their first date L'Espalier. "Is this where we are eating?" Olivia asked shyly. It was if she had been placed in the car with a complete stranger and was being forced to make conversation with him.

Tom shrugged. "Is that okay?" he asked unsure. Wondering if he should have asked his sexy wife if that was okay before making the reservation.

"Yeah, it's fine," Olivia said in a reassuring voice. She twirled a piece of straightened hair in her fingers. Tom hopped out of the Range Rover and quickly ran to open Olivia's door for her before she thought that he had forgotten about her. A valet took the car from them towards a nearby parking lot. Tom looked at Olivia with the same doe eyes that he had given her when they arrived at their house the day before. He held out his hand for her to grab. Olivia's red lips formed a small smile as their fingers linked and they walked into the modern glass doors.

They were the only ones in the restaurant. Olivia wondered if that was by accident or design but she didn't care. They were seated at the table that sat directly under the glass chandelier. Tom pulled out the white plush dining chair for his wife and scooted it in for her once she was seated. He was always a gentleman, Olivia forgot that sometimes. The chairs were tall and Olivia's feet didn't meet the floor. A stout waiter came to the table and poured each of them a glass of champagne. Tom smiled politely at the man and Olivia followed suit.

"Cheers to finding me and you again," Tom said holding up his recently filled glass. Olivia held hers up too. Her eyes sparkled in the dimly lit restaurant. Candles were everywhere and the chandelier was only visible because the candle light radiated off of the crystals that hung from it.

"Cheers to that," Olivia said as their glasses clinked together. She couldn't wish for those words to be any more true than she already did. She needed Tom. She wanted to feel the love that had been absent with him again. She wanted to feel loved, and in order to feel loved she needed to give love. It was a two way street that lately she treated as a one way.

"Do you know why I brought you here?" Tom asked leaning over the table to get closer to Olivia, who sat directly across from him.

"Why did you bring me here Tom?" Olivia asked curiously. Tom's hand gradually inched closer to hers until she finally closed the gap and placed her hand in his.

"Do you remember the first time we were here?" Tom asked raising one eyebrow as a sideways smirk shown on his face.

"How could I forget? I was just thinking about it on our way here," Olivia said barely above a whisper. She didn't need to be loud, the restaurant was quiet besides the two of them. There were no other people dining, there was no music, there was nothing, and that's all they really needed.

"Well, that night didn't go as I had planned but I can remember how stunning you looked. How happy we were. We were still in the honeymoon stage of our relationship and we couldn't get enough of each other," Tom started. His eyes drifted to the ceiling, replaying every detail of that fall night in his mind. It was nearly three years ago, but he could remember everything. "I guess I just wanted to feel that again."

Olivia pressed her lips together, she wanted to feel that again too. "Who says we can't feel that again?" she asked rubbing circles in Tom's palm with her thumb. She glanced from their hands to meet his eyes. They stared at her, trying to figure out what was going through her mind. "I know you think I'm not trying. I am trying Tom. I desperately need you, I just don't know how to show you," she said looking back down at their hands as Tom clenched onto hers tighter. She let out a sharp breath.

"You being here is showing me enough," Tom tried. "This is what we need. We haven't had time to ourselves in almost 2 years. We need to make time for each other," Tom said sternly. He wasn't offering it, he was demanding they make time for each other.

"I couldn't agree more," Olivia said removing space between her and her husband. She closed the gap when their lips finally met. Her hand wrapped around the back of his neck at his hairline. His hand sat on her back. Their lips finally broke apart and they put their foreheads together. "I love you Thomas Edward Patrick Brady," Olivia said so quietly that Tom was almost unsure that he heard her. She did it in such an intimate voice that made Tom feel like he was the only person in the world and that she did in fact love him.

"I love you too Olivia Kate Brady," Tom said pushing his lips against hers. They pulled away one last time, each of them with a smile on their faces. The world could have been ending, but neither of them would have noticed. They were too busy looking into each other's lovestruck eyes.