» lullaby «

Daddy's gonna keep you safe, everything will be okay
Rock you in his arms, while Mama sings a lullaby

****
December 6th, 2014
****

"I'm a big sister! I'm a big sister! I'm a big sister!" Scout chanted as she ran down the hospital hallway. The hospital corridor the Brady's were put in was empty besides their friends that now filled the hallways. Scout ran up and down the hallway chanting the same four words adding a dance to her skip. She was getting impatient waiting for her new family member to make their presence known.

"Not yet, Scout," Julian corrected her.

"How do you know, Uncle Jules?" Scout asked. She stopped skipping to listen for her answer.

"When you become a big sister, your Daddy will come out and tell us," Julian informed her.

"I'm going to watch for daddy," Scout informed the crowd as she took a seat across from the door.

The whole gang was out in the hallway. Julian and Claire. Danny and Leah. Rob, Sarah, and Cain. Julian had graciously kept Scout while Tom and Olivia fled to the hospital from the stadium. It was not quiet outside of the room as the seven of them waited in anticipation. But inside of the room it was quite the opposite.

The hospital room was filled with Tom, Olivia, the Doctor, and peace and quiet. The couple tried to remain as calm as they could even though their baby was coming two months early. Driving to the hospital Olivia's nerves suddenly disappeared and she felt a calm in knowing that she would meet her baby today. Tom stood at her side and she was glad that he was here with her. They overcame so much adversity this pregnancy and she was proud that he was still by her.

"Okay Olivia. One more push," the doctor instructed. Olivia looked to Tom as she began pushing. The baby was placed on her chest.

"We've got a boy," The doctor announced.

"It's a boy!" Tom cheered. Excitement filled his veins. He was already imagining attending sporting events and taking the boy to away games. He was thrilled that they now had a son and a daughter.

The baby was taken away to get cleaned up. "You did so good, Love. We have a son," Tom said. His eyes became glassy as tears of joy threatened to spill over. His lips met Olivia's in pure passion and love for each other. Their family was now complete.

A loving couple with a son and daughter.

A petite nurse in her mid 40's brought the boy back all wrapped in a white knit blanket and a football hat placed upon his head. "Congratulations," she declared in a raspy voice as she placed the baby in Olivia's arms for the first time.

"Tom, he's beautiful. Look at him he had your nose. My little miracle baby is finally here," Olivia said in awe. She had been through this experience with Scout before but forgot how amazing this feeling was. She'd considered him her miracle baby since all of her drama with Tom. Him and Scout brought the two back together. A true miracle.

"Look at those hands. He's going to be an excellent football player," Tom said reaching for his son's hand and wrapping his fingers around it.

The boy opened his eyes for the first time and revealed his large brown almond shaped eyes. "He has your eyes," Tom beamed. Olivia's eyes were Tom's favorite feature and was far that they were carried on to their son.

Tom begrudgingly pulled himself away from the new addition to go and tell Scout her brother arrived. He swung the door open slowly and all of their friends instantly stood to their feet in anticipation. "Scout, I have someone I want you to meet," Tom cooed. Scout came running to him.

"Is it my sister?" Scout said giddily.

"Not a sister," Tom revealed. The six adults instantly had smiles spread across their faces at the news.

"Congrats buddy," Julian began and gave Tom handshake turned half hug. Followed by the other five congratulations.

Tom took Scout into the hospital room to meet her brother for the first time. "Is that him?" Scout asked pointing to the bundle Olivia was holding.

"Hi baby girl. Do you want to meet your brother?" Olivia said peacefully.

"Yes momma," Scout replied clapping her hands together. Tom placed Scout on the bed next to Olivia and the baby and he sat on the edge.

"Scout, this is your baby brother

"Scout, this is your baby brother. His name is Sawyer Thomas Brady," Olivia said introducing the pair.

"Hi Sawyer," Scout said in a high pitch voice. "Do we get to take him home, daddy?" Scout looked to her father, who was snapping pictures, for her answer.

"Not today. Baby Sawyer was born early so they want to keep an eye on him. Maybe tomorrow," Tom answered. He was thankful that there were no initial problems with the boy. 

A picture perfect family was now complete.

Tom. Olivia. Scout. Sawyer.

Short chapter but I think short and sweet is good sometimes. What did you guys think? ❤️