» home «

Who says you can't go home?

****
August 4, 2014
****

With the football season fast approaching, it was time for the Brady family to move back to Boston. Olivia loved living in New York and was going to miss living in the city, but she knew to keep her husband happy that her and Scout had to go back with him now.

"Say goodbye to our home Scout," Olivia said standing in the nearly empty living room that once held all of their belongings. They had movers trompsing through the condo moving all of their stuff out of it to take back to their Boston home.

"Bye home," Scout said waving playfully. She was sitting on Tom's much taller shoulders.

"I'm going to miss this place," Olivia said walking over to the window that looked down at the rest of the city for the last time. She crossed her arms over her chest. She thought about how lucky those people were, that they got to live in a city that she reluctantly had to leave.

"Liv, I know you are. We will back after football season," Tom said meeting his wife at the large windows. He moved Scout from his shoulders to rest in his arms. The couple had many arguments about where they lived. Olivia argued that it wasn't fair that she had to leave her job in New York so Tom could do his job. But eventually she decided that they were a family, and that she could do her job from anywhere, when Tom wasn't as lucky to have that option.

"Where are we going mommy?" Scout asked curiously in her usually raspy voice. She looked at Olivia admiringly.

"We are going back to Boston bugs," Olivia said smiling at her daughter, who was at eye level, and rubbing her nose against Scout's. Olivia and Tom's nickname for Scout was always bugs ever since she was born.

"By Uncle Jules?" Scout asked, her face lighting up as she said it.

"Yup. Uncle Jules will be there," Tom added.

"And Aunt Claire. Aunt Leah, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Rob, and Uncle Danny," Olivia finished by naming the rest of their friends.

"I miss them," Scout said holding her special blanket close to her face. It amazed Olivia that the blanket held such a strong meaning to Scout, even though she was so little.

"Me too. That's why we are going to see them," Tom said, shifting his eyes from Scout to Olivia to see her reaction. Olivia looked up at him with straight lips.

"Are we ready to go?" Olivia asked. She made one more trip through the condo to make sure they had everything, which they did. She always tried to look her best when they went out in public. She wore dark gray jogger pants with a white t shirt underneath a black blazer. Scout had on black leggings and a white short sleeve t shirt with a fur vest. Scout loved fashion like her mom and always had to accessorize. So she also had a small pink purse with pink sunglasses on. Tom's biceps bulged in a light gray t shirt and jeans.

Tom carried Scout out and held her close to his body. Olivia followed right behind him and they got in the Black Escalade, that had chauffeured them around the city through the whole offseason. Scout sat on the left, Olivia in the middle, and Tom on the right. Olivia rested her head in Tom's arm the ride to the airport. "Now Scout, no talking to the picture people," Olivia instructed. Scout had gotten in trouble a few times this offseason for talking to them. Olivia and Tom tried to explain that they were strangers, but the two year old didn't care, she had a mind of her own.