» change «

Because these things will change
Can you feel it now?

****
December 13th, 2014
****

Olivia swayed back and forth in the rocking chair in the corner of the freshly painted nursery. Tom had just painted it and finished decorating the sports haven nursery the day before since neither of them were expecting to use it this early. It was dark in the room but the moonlight peaking through the windows showed Sawyer's little eyes fighting to stay awake.

She watched the clock as it finally ticked midnight. "Happy 1 week birthday my sweet boy," Olivia whispered quietly kissing the boys forehead. His eyes finally drifted closed. Olivia rocked for a while longer, not quite ready to say goodnight to her baby, until she eventually fell asleep herself.

Olivia slept better holding Sawyer and Scout in her arms

Olivia slept better holding Sawyer and Scout in her arms. Knowing that they were okay and being there right away if they woke up comforted her and made her eyes easier to close.

Olivia was startled awake by their alarm clock going off in the master bedroom next door and then the reluctant shuffle of Tom's feet.

She looked at the hanging clock on the wall. 4:30. Tom had to be to the stadium by 5:45 to depart for Miami. She heard the shower turn on and closed her eyes again.

"Liv," Tom whispered softly shaking her shoulder. Olivia's eyes opened slowly. "I've got to go," he whispered. His large hand ran through Sawyer's thick hair. Olivia suddenly became emotional and her eyes showed it. "Hey, why are you crying?" Tom asked tilting his head.

"I don't know," Olivia confessed. "I just forgot how it felt to be here alone with a new baby. I'm just going to miss you."

"Just think, if we win this game, I'll be home until the Super Bowl," Tom smiled. If the Patriots beat the Dolphins they would clinch homegirls advantage throughout the playoffs.

"Then you better make that happen," Olivia said wrapping her hand around his neck and pulling her close to him. "Did you say goodbye to Scout?"

"Yes, I already did. She is still sound asleep," Tom reported.

"Okay, will I love you. Stay safe, play hard, get the win, and hurry home," Olivia said pecking his lips between each demand.

"I love you too," Tom repeated. He kissed her lips longer this time, more passionate. "Goodbye my son. Be good for momma," Tom kissed the newborns forehead.

"I'll be waiting for you," Olivia hugged his neck one last time. Tom kissed her neck before he finally stood up, towering over his wife in her chair. The man grabbed his bag and walked out of the nursery.