» win «

All I do is win win win
No matter what

****
January 18th 2015
****

Olivia checked her watch. 4:23. She needed to leave their house by 4:30 to make it to the game on time and be situated by the time the game actually started.

She had been running around the house for the last hour trying to get everything she needed. Today was baby Sawyer's first time going to a game and Olivia's first time taking both kids.

Not only was she nervous about taking both kids by herself, but the game had her nerves wracking too. Tom really wanted this win more than one he had wanted all year. The team worked so hard year round and if they could just win this game it would almost pay off. Winning this game would put them in the spotlight of the Super Bowl.

The Colts haven't given Tom and the Patriots a lot of competition since Peyton left but this was playoffs. And nothing ever goes as planned in the playoffs. There is always some trick play or last minute touchdown that changes the outcome of the game. And that's what scared her.

Even though things with Tom have been going well lately she knew how he was after a loss. He was vicious, especially after this important of a loss. Her heart had been racing since last week when they beat the Ravens and it showed no signs of stopping until after the game.

Scout was dressed in her Brady jersey and favorite tutu. Sawyer also wore a Brady jersey and it was the tiniest one Olivia had ever seen. The baby boy was packed tight into his car seat, covered in blankets to keep him warm. Scout was zipped into her winter jacket and a Patriots hat was placed on top of her tiny curls. Everyone had shoes on and the three were finally ready to go. Olivia checked her watch again. 4:28. She did it all by herself with two minutes to spare. She used that two minutes to reflect.

Now that football season was almost done she recalled when it first begun. Standing in this very spot in the entry way. She remembered how dark and lonely it seemed. She remembered Scout pulling at her leg and Olivia seeming so far away and distant from her family. The house today was bright and adorned with family pictures and memories. She grew to love Boston again. She grew to love Tom again.

4:32. Shoot. Too much time reflecting. She opened the front door and braced herself for the cold New England air. It was brisk outside but it was also Tom's favorite weather to play in. That put her nerves at ease.

Gillette Stadium was packed b the time she got there. It was filled with Patriots fans tailgating and huddling around each other to keep warm. She drove past them towards the back of the stadium where she always parked. The fans got crazy when they saw her and the kids, always asking for pictures and cheering for her husband. Some of them waved as she drove past and she politely waved back.

She found her usual Parking spot where all of the family's parked. "Scout, are you ready to go watch daddy?"

"Yes mommy! And Uncle Jules!" The small girl smiled and clapped her hands from her car seat. Olivia went to Scout's side first to unbuckle her.

"Now Scout, it's really cold and crazy in the stadium. You need to stay close to me," Olivia instructed, pointing her finger to add importance to her words. Scout hugged Olivia's leg as she went to the other side to get baby Sawyer. She took him out of his car seat and wrapped him tightly in his blackest and made sure his hat covered his ears.