Chapter 12//"As many times as it takes you to say my name"

"So what's really the difference between these two" Elliott asks holding up a hardback book and a paperback.

I bend down and place my growing pile of books on the floor.

"A hardback is in a way easier to read as the spine doesn't get messed up and they just look better. "I pick up a hardback copy of the fault in our stars.

God this book gave me all the feels. "See look how pretty it is" I sigh looking lovingly at the book.

Elliott tosses the book in his hands as he looks at it like something mystical is hiding inside it. Idiot. "Now put that book down Elliott before you damage it"

"How do books have spines" He glances at me. I nearly slam my head against the bookshelf but refrain myself instead, I smile at Elliott who is reading a picture book.

"Hey do you need any help?" I turn around to see an attractive young guy with blonde hair kindly smiling at me.

I see Elliott's mouth drop open as he slams the flimsy children's book shut and a scowl paints his face. I refrain myself from rolling my eyes at him and look back at the male.

"Sure" I smile back.

"Hi I'm Elliott and if you want to help US" He emphasises the 'us' "Then turn around and go stack some more shelves or even better sell some more chopped trees which you call 'books' you tree killer"

The young blonde looks startled and slightly embarrassed.

"I was just going to help her carry her books," He adds more sternly but Elliott is quite intimidating as he glares at the assistant.

"Well she has a strong and sexy man sitting beside her so we don't need your help"

"Strong my arse" I whisper under my breath. He glares at me "Come on sweetie, darling, I think we need to get you some junk food you're getting cranky"

He takes me by the shoulders and guides me to the other side of the store "What was that about?" I snap at him pulling myself away from his grip on my shoulders.

"I didn't like the way he was eying you up"

"Why would you care you're not my boyfriend?"

He looks surprised by my response "Well...Dawson if you must know, I know...someone who has a crush on you"

I glare at him "Who?"

"Well I can't tell you" He grins walking away from me. He isn't getting away that easily. He begins to pile my books into his arms like they are as light as a feather.

"Tell me they're name, I promise I won't tell"I ask using my puppy dog eyes. He considers it for a moment but shakes his brown hair grinning. So instead I do something that surprises him. I jump up on to his back. He gasps in shock and drops all the beautiful books on the floor. And he said he was strong what a liar.

"Tell me" I whine as I hold on to his neck.

"Dawson get off me, you koala" He tries to tug my grip from around his neck when suddenly we both go flying into a bookcase. There is a sickening thump that sounded like someone skull is being smashed. I open my eyes to see everyone staring at us and the staff looks unimpressed.

I stand up brushing down my jeans, completely unharmed "Well that was fun, not even a scratch to show for it" I smile.

"Speak for yourself" He rubs his shoulder standing in front of us is a small, round man wearing a suit and he doesn't look too happy.