Dreamer

a/n;; inspired by a tumblr prompt since im an uncreative bean, but ive changed it up a bit. also go vote for Fangirl in the kavi category for the PTXFanficAwards awards? pleaaaase?? ((:

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

"Every night?" my best friend Mitch asks me in major disbelief, as if I'd be lying about dreaming about the same guy — whom I've never met — for three straight months. I nodded in reply, then he raised a perfectly arched eyebrow, "Maldonado, are you sure it's the same guy?"

"Mitch, I don't think I've ever been more sure about anything in my entire life," I answered, and I wasn't lying then either. I was one hundred percent positive it was the same man. I didn't know his name, but he had long dark hair, bright greenish hazel eyes, and always wore the same thing: black jeans and a dark red flannel. Every night I saw him, and to be quite frankly honest, I didn't mind. In my dreams, we always talked about different things and we always hit it off. He was so interesting in my dreams. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember the sound of his voice.

"What if he does exist?" Mitch suddenly asked, his eyes brightening.

"What are you talking about? I've never seen this guy in real life," I replied in confusion. "Have you? I've explained to you what he's looked like in my dreams for awhile now."

"No, I've never seen this guy, but I do know that you can't dream of anyone fake," Mitch answered quirkily. "I'm pretty sure he isn't real," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Alright, fine. But when you come to me screaming about how you saw the guy in your dreams, but in real life, I'll be right," the bald boy stated.

"Sure thing, Mitch," I rolled my eyes.

***

I looked around, mainly for the donut section because I was one hungry girl, and my eyes landed on the bakery. Perfect. I rushed over there and looked for the donut I wanted and just as I was about to open the little door to grab it with my napkin, someone else's hands beat me to it and I look to them. Or should I say, him.

My mouth is open and my eyes are wide, staring at the man of my dreams, literally. He grabbed a donut then handed me mine before looking at me, a soft smile on his lips. After a second of looking at me, he widened his own bright green eyes.

"I–uh, sorry. Thanks," I coughed awkwardly, grabbing the donut from his hands. "No problem," he replied, his voice being a deep bass-like harmony to my ears. Damn. "I'll, um, yeah–" and then I'm walking away and fast.

I searched my pocket for my phone before dialing Mitch's number. He picked up after a few rings and spoke the usual greeting. "Listen, I'm not here for you to mock me or anything, but the guy from my fucking dreams is here and what the fuck," I said as quietly as I could into my iPhone. Mitch suddenly bursted out into a string of loud laughs, then he calmed down. "Okay, what did you do? Did he see you?"

"He gave me a donut and then I stared at him for way too long, and then I basically ran away," I explained, then looked for the checkout because I still wanted my donut. "Well why don't you go confront him? I'm not saying go all 'hey you're in my dreams' but just become his friend, you know? You're in love with the guy for fuck's sake—"

"Whoa there, who said anything about love?"

"The moment you told me about him I knew you loved the guy. Don't even try denying it," and I knew he was shaking his head. I bit the inside of my cheek, then handed the cashier the two bucks I owed her before sitting at one of the tables in the store, just in case I would bump into Mister Bass.