Hate at First Sight

a/n:: mention of Scömìche

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

I sighed at the cold weather. Whenever I took a puff of breath, you could see it, and I did not enjoy that type of weather.

I wrapped myself in the expensive white coat I owned. Being a singer and having multiple fans that are a bit touchy can be tough... but most times they're actually really sweet.

This is my first time in New York; I was here for a concert. People lined up at the stadiums, as per usual. Although when I was young I've always wanted to visit this state. It seemed nice.

I took out my phone and called my best friend; Mitch Grassi, a brunet that was tiny and had a slight crush on my other best friend: Scott Hoying.

"Hey, Michelle!" I smiled as I left my apartment for the week.

"Kirst!" Mitch exclaimed, "How's New York?"

I sighed, "Cold. I bet that if I stayed outside here for, let's say 20 minutes, I'd be half of a snowman," I scoffed.

Mitch chuckled, "You're gonna have to get used to it. Oh—when's that concert of yours?"

"Uh, somewhere tonight. Esther still needs to give me the details. She's bringing her brother, too. I bet he's a pain in the ass," I muttered the last part. I didn't have a liking for the male gender yet I'm as straight as Mitch is gay.

"You can't just say he is because of that assbag!" Mitch said loudly. I sighed, "I can until he proves otherwise."

"If you two end up falling in love, I'll be the first to call it. I can sense something here!" Mitch snickered. I sighed, "You're so weird, Grassi."

"I know," I knew he was smiling. "I've got to go, I have to meet them in a few minutes," I said. "Alright, see you later, Kit," he said. I smiled, "Goodbye, Mitch."

I hung up, setting the phone in my purse. I flung it over my shoulder to rest there and made my way to the desolated shop.

I entered, the door's bell being rang from my presence. I looked around, happy to see Esther and some man on his phone, probably playing a game from what I could see. I sat by Esther and smiled at her, "Hello, Esther," I said.

"Hello, Kirstin!" Esther said and I rolled my eyes playfully, "I told you to call me Kirstie!"

"Sorry," she chuckled, "Anyways, not that you'll be talking to him, but this is my little brother, Avi," she said, motioning to the man. He looked up for a moment and muttered a 'hi.'

I nodded a hello, looking back to Esther. "Anyway, the concert's around 7," she smiled as I nodded again.

We talked about the concert for a while, explaining my set up until Esther looked to Avi, "You could be nice and talk with us, not acting like an eleven year old boy," she said.

He sighed, sitting up straight, looking Esther in the eye, "I apologize for finding Flappy Bird more appealing than whatever you two talked about," he said with a surprising bass voice, going back to his phone. I forced myself not to snap.

"Avriel!" Esther shrieked. "Esther!" Avi mimicked.

I sighed, looking at the time. Five PM.

"I got to get going," both Avi and I said at the same time. Esther rose an eyebrow at the both of us, but I just shrugged. I didn't like Avi.