New Years Day

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

Today will be the new year. The beginning of 2016 at midnight.

Pentatonix is celebrating, along with Esther, Ben, Alex, Jeremy, Jake and others.

Jeremy and I are broken up but we're still friends. Alex and Scott broke up but they're still friends.

We broke up mutually. We both lost feelings for each other. Jeremy said he found out he liked another girl. I was happy for him. That's wonderful.

Scott lost feelings for Alex. Alex still slightly liked him. Mitch also liked Scott but nobody spoke of it. Scott was too oblivious to realize that.

It's 10 o'clock and we're all waiting for midnight to come. We planned to watch two movies while waiting for midnight.

Mitch insisted Big Hero 6 and Frozen. We all laughed at how Mitch decided on those movies. It was typical Mitch.

We all sat on a couch together, Avi on my left and Kevin on my right. Next to Kevin was Mitch and then Scott. Ben and Esther sat in two different chairs since there was no more room on the shared couch.

"This is gonna be fun!" Mitch exclaimed, wiggling around.

Scott laughed at his best friend, "Yes it will be."

Frozen started to play and we all focused on the TV.

***

Right when Anna was gonna find out that Elsa could basically make everything into snow or ice, I yawned. I was already tired but I didn't want to sleep so I didn't.

I watched intently as Elsa accidentally froze the entire kingdom.

I felt someone's gaze on me and I instinctively looked over to Avi and chuckled when it was him. I slightly waved.

He grinned and looked back to the tv and I did, too.

***

It was nearly 11:00 when the movie ended so Kevin put Big Hero 6 in.

I got up to make new popcorn and felt someone following me. I looked behind me and found out it was Avi.

"Hey." I said as I emptied the old bowl of its kernels and got a new bag out. "Hi." Avi said and watched me. I attempted to open the bag but I was struggling and sighed, handing it to Avi. "Open." I said. He took it and opened it with ease. I sighed, "I always have to use scissors or a knife." I mumbled and set it in the microwave for 2:10 minutes.

I leaned against the counter and watched Avi.

We stared at each other. I thought he'd say something. Nothing.

I examined the green eyes he claimed as his own that seemed hazel sometimes. They changed color a lot. Most times, they seemed green or a dark green. Very rarely though, they turned brown.

His maroon beanie was neatly placed on his hair. He had on a maroon sweater, black jeans and black converse. It was still snowing outside, so I understand why he wore that.

I have an odd imagination, because I think he's nearing me.

I wasn't wrong when I felt his lips about to reach mine but I nearly fell when I heard the microwave's beeping sound.