Sick

Avi Kaplan's POV

I jumped in my bed when I heard my phone ring at 3 AM. I groaned and checked who'd be calling at this hour.

The ID read Kirstie...?

I answered and cleared my throat. "Hello?"

"A-Avi..." she coughed. "Can you please come over and--," she coughed for a minute or two, "help me? I'm sorry for waking you," she coughed again, "but I'm sort of sick--," she made a puking sound and I immediately got into sweats and a t-shirt, "Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes. Stay in bed." I hung up and grabbed my keys and phone, leaving and heading to Kirstie's.

Having a crush on someone and helping them while they're ill makes my heart beat. Why didn't she call Scott or Mitch? They're all best friends while I'm only a friend.

I made it to Kirstie's and opened her door, "Kirst?" I called and closed her door.

"My room," she weakly called.

I ran to her room and opened her door immediately. A pale and nearly blue Kirstie laid on her bed. "Are you weak?" I asked. She nodded slowly. "Okay, I'm going to make you some chicken noodle soup and get you some medicine." I told her and went back to her kitchen, taking out a can of chicken noodle soup and putting it in the microwave. While that cooked, I got out her needed medicine and poured her a glass of water.

She had one of those bed table things somewhere around here... I looked around and saw one. Finally. I took it and put everything on it, adding a fork to her soup and a straw to her cup.

I brought it back to her room and she looked extremely weak in her bed and I instantly felt horrible.

I put the table thing on her lap and sat on her bed, "Can you eat and drink?"

"Probably drink but I don't know if I could eat right now." She whispered.

"Okay. Do you need me to grab the water and pill for you?" I asked. She nodded. I gave her the pill and held the cup, giving her the time to sip and swallow the pill.

"You can sleep. I'll leave this on your bedside table if you want it. I will not leave if you don't want me to." I told her. She smiled at me weakly, "Please stay."

I nodded and she eventually fell asleep. I felt like such a creep watching her but she is too beautiful not to.

I brushed a piece of hair out of her face and sighed. This sucks. She'll never like me, obviously, and the fact I have this burning love for her makes it even worse.

I felt sleepy and headed downstairs to her couch and fell asleep on it.

*

Kirstin Maldonado's POV

I woke up and felt a whole lot better than I did yesterday. I looked around and noticed Avi was gone. I frowned and went downstairs slowly. I wasn't exactly sick anymore, but I felt sore.

I found Avi asleep on my couch and I instantly smiled. He didn't leave, just like he promised, my inner voice spoke.

He was so cute there, he was cuddling a pillow. I walked to him and poked him. "Aviiiiii," I sang.

He mumbled incoherent words and pulled me to him, me immediately being on top of him. He was still asleep. "U-uh, Avi." I whispered, poking his nose.

"Hmm?"

"Y-you, um, sort of p-pulled me to you..." I told him. He opened his eyes and widened them, "I'm sorry, Kirstie, it was an instinct--," he tried to explain.

"Oh, okay." I said, staring at him for a while. His green eyes were hypnotizing and I couldn't look away. His hands were on my arms and he glanced to my lips. He was leaning in until he stopped.

"U-um, let's go make something to eat."

"Okay." I got off of him and walked to the kitchen, still in my pajamas.

"Uh, so, what do you want to make?" He asked nervously. "I don't care. Avi, are you okay? You're tomato red and you're avoiding eye contact."

"Yeah, I-I'm fine."

I walked closer to him and put my hand on his forehead, "Avi? Are you sick? I knew I shouldn't of invited you..."

"No, Kirstie, I'm fine."

"Okay. Let's just make cereal then." I told him. He nodded. I took out two bowls and a box of 'Frosted Flakes' while Avi took out the milk. "Frosted Flakes?" I asked. He nodded and got two spoons.

I took my bowl to the table and he took his too. "Avi? You're still not looking at me, are you sure you're okay?"

"I am positive." He stared down to his cereal. I grabbed my bowl and sat next to him. "Okay."

He glanced at me from the corner of his eye and I kept staring at him. "Why are you staring at me?" He asked. "Because you're cute."

His cheeks went tomato red and I kissed his cheek. "You're adorable."

"I - um... oh."

I kissed his jaw once and he looked at me again. "What are y-you doing?" His cheeks were still beet red.

"Nothing." I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Kirstie?" He said. I gave him no response.

"Kirst?"

"Kirstin Maldonado?"

He grabbed my face and I expected him to yell at me or something but his lips immediately smashed against mine.

My stomach was filled with butterflies. I have had a crush on him for forever.

He stopped and smiled at me. "You have no idea how long I waited for that."

"Oh..." I took his face and kissed him again.

His hands were on my waist and he pushed me closer to him.

I smiled at him against the kiss and ran my fingers through his messy hair.

His head went to my neck and gave me love bites. I smiled at him and stopped. "Rehearsals today." I reminded him. "Damn it." He muttered under his breath.

A/N:
So this is one shot number 3! Yay! Please vote and comment to show your love and to encourage me! <3
I try to update every day but remember, I have a Scömìche one I need to update, too. So thanks guys. :) Cya tomorrow!