28. Oliver Pryce

Începe de la început

I drive us to our destination: our meetup point with Cas. I shake my head, seeing his yellow car. I kind of miss driving him around.

"Thanks for coming, Cas," I say sincerely.

"Of course. Where's Dean?"

"This is about Dean." I brush hair behind my ear.

"Is he...?"

"He's getting worse."

"Cas," says Sam, "we've gone through every other option possible. We got to talk about—"

"Don't say it," says Cas.

"Do you think we want this? We're not a fan of it, either. But if we want to get rid of the Mark...I'm just saying, Charlie's gone radio silent; everything else we've tried has been a dead end. So..."

"So I'll drive."

"Wrong," I pipe. "You give me directions, and I'll drive."

Cas's directions bring my truck and the three of us to a playground, where supposedly the doorway to Heaven is located. Where is it specifically? A sandbox, naturally, where all the ways to Heaven are.

The three of us step out and approach the sandbox, and the angel that's guarding it.

"That's far enough, Castiel," the guard says, eyeing me rather intensely.

"I'm a good girl, relax," I say.

"Excuse me?" Cas asks the guard.

"I have orders," the guard says. "You aren't allowed upstairs."

"Says who?"

"Hold, please." The guard leaves just long enough for the door to open a fraction and let another angel into the same vessel. "Hello, Castiel."

"Hannah."

"I swore I'd never occupy another vessel, but...we need to have this conversation face-to-face."

I tilt my head. I had completely forgotten about Hannah. Cas never mentioned what had happened with his journey with her. Was it even worth asking? All I remember is that she decided to leave her first vessel.

"What conversation?" Cas asks.

"What do you want in Heaven?"

"Metatron." I wince at the name.

"Why? Is this about your Grace? Are you fading?"

"I'm fine for now."

"This is about our brother," I say. Hannah looks at me, wide-eyed. "Cas was right all along, Hannah. I'm me."

"Because you think Metatron might have information about the Mark of Cain?" Hannah asks.

"No," says Cas. "We know he does."

"So he says. But Metatron lies."

"Hannah, we just want to talk with him," Sam pleads.

"No, you want his help. But we both know the only way Metatron helps you is if he's free. And I can't let the Scribe out of his cell. Not again. He's too dangerous."

"We won't..." Cas tries.

"Yes, you will. Because you're desperate."

"After all I've done for Heaven...after all I've done for you."