15. Confession and Conviction

I scream as I feel a burning sensation on my face.

My head snaps up, and I realize where I am. The lighting, the no windows. I'm shackled in a chair, a chair that's stuck in the middle of the Devil's trap.

I'm in the fucking bunker dungeon.

I struggle against the restraints, desperately wanting relief for the sting in my face.

"About time you woke up."

Sam steps into the light, a frown etched into his face. He's the only one in the dungeon with me; Dean and Cas are nowhere to be found. I look at my brother.

"Where's Claire?" I ask.

"None of your business." As an extra low blow, he throws holy water on me again.

I scream. "Would you stop that?!"

"You're not in a position to be making demands." He crosses his arms.

"Sam..."

"Who are you, really?"

I blink in confusion. "W-what?"

"Don't play stupid with me, this is far from my first interrogation. Answer the question."

"Sam, it's me. It's Jo." My voice is raspy.

He snorts, rolling his eyes. "My sister is dead."

"No, I'm right here."

"No, you're not her. This sounds about right for your kind. You try and pull off a stunt like this in hopes of, what? Spying on us? Getting the chance to put our heads up for display on your mantle in Hell?"

"Sam." I cry out as a get a third holy water shower. "Stop it, God damn it." I can't wipe my face, which I know is slowly healing.

"You know, I'm considering giving you credit. Your kind seem to be stepping it up lately in your acting skills."

I pant. "This isn't an act."

"You expect me to believe that Josette really came back in a different body, you hitched a ride, and you decided to make your debut at Randy's house, killing people?"

"Well, you haven't done this interrogation before now." I shrug. "So you believe it on some level. Gah." I shake my head as holy water sprinkles my face again. This is getting really old now. "You can deny that all you want, you know I'm right about that."

"That's too good to be true. I figured I'd play the game, wait for the right moment. I've got to thank you for that one, by slaughtering those men at Randy's house. That really drove my theory home."

I groan. "There aren't two different people in this body, there's only one. It's just me. Josette. Your sister." I wince, as I think Sam is about ready to throw holy water on me again. He spares me the pain, for now.

He slowly paces in front of me, dagger eyes not focusing on anywhere else but me. "She left me. She left us."

"I never left you," I say, pleading. "Look, I get it. The eyes made you jump to conclusions. Totally understandable." I frown. "I just wish you didn't have Cas as an accomplice."

"He wasn't happy about it."

"He still did it."

"It was either he did it the nice way, or I did it the not-so-nice way." Sam shrugs.