14. The Transition

14. The Transition

Dean drives Baby to Randy's house. We're not the first ones to arrive; there are other cars here. The air feels thick, and I'll bet the air inside that house isn't any better.

The four of us leave the Impala, armed and ready to go. Just as we get to the door, someone random guy opens the door. Cas lifts a hand, shoving the man backwards. The four of us step inside, and I don't see Claire anywhere.

But I do see the gun that's pointed in Cas's direction. But Cas is protected, thanks to Sam, who's got his own gun at the man.

"Don't," Sam threatens.

"Back it up," I say, swinging my batons threateningly. The man obeys, and my brothers hold him at gunpoint.

"Where's the girl?" Cas demands.

I startle at her scream. I get a head start on Cas, flying up the stairs. I crash through the door, and I see a mangy-looking guy pinning Claire down in the room. But my entrance has got him distracted, much so that Claire kicks him in the face. She uses the kick to get up.

She goes to town on the guy, kicking him repeatedly.

"Claire," Cas says. She doesn't stop. "Claire!" He intervenes, grabbing her arm. Claire notices the contact and stops kicking. He slowly pulls her out of the room, and I put a careful hand on her back as we get back down the stairs.

Once we reach the bottom, Claire moves away from Cas and me, like we're infected or something. She could be a tad more grateful. We just helped saved her from...whatever that was. My mind comes up with startling ideas, ideas that fuel the need to kill the man upstairs. If he planned on violating her, he doesn't deserve to live. Family, friends, or none of that, that man is no man. He's a monster.

"Randy," Claire pleads. The man who looks at Claire then dips his head to the floor must be Randy. He's another one I feel shouldn't live. Getting children to help pay off his debts.

"Get her out of here," I tell Cas.

"Yeah. Go," Sam agrees.

"Go," Dean also agrees.

I stay, as does Dean, as Sam, Claire, and Cas all leave Randy's house. With a nod exchange with Dean, we both start to head out. But at the sound of feet moving inward, we spin around, Dean with his gun at the men in the room.

"Hey, back up!" he demands. "Back up. Don't be as dumb as you look."

"Hey!"

I'm shoved out of the way as Dean gets hit over the head with a beer bottle. I nearly go tumbling out the open doorway. It's the man who attacked Claire. I look at Dean, who's on the ground, slightly dazed. I move in, testing the dumbass who thought it was smart to hit my older brother with a beer bottle.

I crack my neck.

"You guys...don't want to do this," Dean rasps.

"Hey!" I shout as Dean receives a kick to the face.

One man shoots at me. It barely hurts. I laugh manically, throwing my head back.

"Oh, wow," I say breathlessly, wiping away nonexistent tears. "You guys are so. Stupid." I pull out a knife, curtesy of Baby's trunk. Screw my batons, they're just blunt instruments of war. A knife...this I can have more fun with. "So, who's first?"