23. Dean Winchester, the Teenage Bieber

"You see him?" I ask Sam as we walk into the bar.

It's mildly occupied, and it smells of greasy food, booze, and alcoholism, with a hint a desperation mixed in.

"No. Let me try him." Sam dials Dean's number. I hear the faint voicemail message and frown.

"Keep at it." I branch off from Sam, scanning the bar.

I hear it, the subtle ringing. I look around before my ears settle on a direction. Sounds like it's coming from the bar itself. Sucking in a breath, I calmly make my way over to the bartender. Behind me, I feel Sam flanking me.

"Jo," says Sam. "The jacket."

My mouth parts. The bartender has Dean's jacket, which in turn has his phone. I wipe my face clean of the revelation as Sam and I reach the counter of the bar.

"Hey, buddy?" says Sam. "Where did you get that jacket from?"

The bartender chuckles. "My Bar Mitzvah." He makes his way around to the front of the counter. "It was a magical night."

"Yeah, I bet," I say nonchalantly. Swiftly, I take the bartender's head and smack it on the counter. "Why don't you try that again?"

"Dumpster. Found it by the dumpster. Let me go, psycho bitch."

My lip curls into a snarl, but I feel Sam tug at one of my arms.

"Jo, come on," he whispers. Huffing, I let go of the bartender and follow my little brother out into the night. If Sam wasn't around, I'd kill him easy.

We search for the dumpster closest to the bar. My lips quirk as Sam and I look around. Dean's disappeared, so where the hell is he? We've got flashlights on the ground, looking for any clues to where our big brother is.

"Jo, over here."

I turn, walking to the dumpster, bending down. Underneath the trash holder is one of Dean's shoes and his pistol. Exchanging glances, I grab Dean's pistol and see a yellow dust layered on it. I take a quick sniff.

"Flowers," I whisper. "Whatever took J.P. has Dean now, too. Great."

"Okay, uh, we can figure this out. We just need to book a room that has wifi and get some research in. There's got to be something that connects the dust with what we're dealing with."

I nod. "Look up the nearest motel."

Once Sam gives me the address, I kick Baby into gear and drive us to the closest motel. My mind is running rapid with thoughts. What has Dean? I'm sure he's all right, he's been in tough situations before. This shouldn't be too serious, even though the danger is always present in a hunt.

While I park the car, Sam goes inside to the receptionist desk to book us a room. I step out of the car, licking my lips. Once Sam comes back, we lug our things into the room we've been given. He finds the table, firing up his laptop. I loom over his shoulder, watching the search engine produce results for the search of "Yarrow and Transfiguration Spells".

My head perks up at hearing a knock on the door.

"I got it," I tell Sam, squeezing his shoulder. Taking the gun out from my pocket, I slink towards the door. I breathe out before opening it.