8. Supernatural: The Musical (Part 2)

Before show time, Dean and I had to calm down Marie while Sam went to go get the necessary weaponry we were gonna need for tonight.

There's apprehension in the air, but for the actresses, it's the stress of pulling off their parts. For Maeve, Marie, Sam, Dean, and myself, it's more about killing a goddess.

We're backstage with the actors, all dressed up and ready to go. I'm still kind of upset that I'm nowhere to be found in this play, but I can't take it too personally. Since the books surrounded the Winchester family, I was out of the picture for over a decade. What reason would the play have to include me anyway?

Marie is checking everyone's costumes to make sure they're all perfect.

"Okay!" she says. "Good. Good. Okay. Good." She looks to the actress that's playing Dean. "Alright. Samulet?"

Actress-Dean shows a little necklace trinket.

"The...samulet?" I ask slowly.

"That amulet is a symbol of the Winchesters' brotherly love," Marie points out.

As if almost on cue, Sam comes in, handing Dean and myself a wooden stake each. I take a look at each of the actors. These costumes are scarily accurate.

"Wait a second...Where's Chuck?" asks Sam.

"Oh!" says Marie. "I-I, I love him. I do! But honestly, the whole author introducing himself into the narrative thing, it's just not my favorite. I kind of hate the meta stories."

"Me too," my brothers say in unison.

"All right, listen up, girls," I command. "Now, you're all here, because you love Supernatural."

"Actually, I was hoping we'd do Wicked," says an actress who's supposed to be Mary Winchester. The sight makes me a tad bit uncomfortable. I never really got to know my mother, Dean kind of did.

"Yeah, that'd have been easier," I admit. "I know my brother has expressed some differences of opinion, regarding this particular version of Supernatural." I stare pointedly at Dean. He looks offended, but that look disappears when he knows I'm right. I look back at the cast of the show. "But tonight, it is all about Marie's version. This is Marie's Supernatural."

"So, we want you to get out there," Dean cuts me off, and he ignores my second pointed look at him, "and we want you to stand as close as she wants you to, and we want you to put as much sub and add text, as you possibly can. There is no other road. No other way. No day, but today."

"Did he just quote Rent?" I hear Maeve say under her breath.

"Not enough to get us in trouble," Marie mutters.

"Now, you get out there, and you kick it in the ass!" I say.

"Alright!" says actress-Cas.

"Bring it in!" says Marie.

All of the cast goes in.

"Ghooooost-facerssss!" they all say.

Dean, Sam, and I all look at each other. You're kidding me. I remember the Ghost-facers. Those two idiotic Supernatural wannabe detectives. Well, too bad the girls don't know that that little group has been disbanded for good. It did the world a huge favor. Weed out the amateurs and keep the professionals like the Winchesters in business, no distractions.