27.5 - "Dean's in Trouble."

27.5 – "Dean's In Trouble."

In honor of Dean killing Cain, once we get back to the bunker, coffee is brewed. Cas leaves temporarily to stash the Blade somewhere safe. Like the sister I am, I'm prodding at Dean's wounds, cleaning them up since nobody has bothered since the fiasco has been dealt with.

"Easy, Jo," Dean says, sipping on his mug.

"I'm being gentle," I snap lightly. "Not my fault you flinch easy."

"How 'bout you and your cuts?"

I shrug. "They're healing. But I heal faster than you do."

"Dean, um," says Sam, as he's nearing the coffee maker, pouring himself a cup, "you know, what you did back there, it was incredible. You know, if you can do that without losing yourself..." He takes the chance to sit opposite Dean at the table. "That's cause for hope, even without a cure."

"Yeah," Dean murmurs. "Maybe."

I perk up at seeing Cas enter the room. "Where'd you hide it?"

"Somewhere safe."

"Good."

"Well, if you guys will excuse me, I think I am gonna go sleep for about four days," Dean says, rising from the table. He pats me on the shoulder, doing the same to Cas on his way out.

"How are you?" Cas asks me.

"Healing." I smile softly. "Really, I'll be fine, Cas. I would say I'm gonna go knock out somewhere too, but, being a demon equals no sleep for the wicked." I stretch my sore limbs. "I'll probably do some Internet surfing, shooting practice. Something so I don't get bored."

"How is he?"

I look at Sam, who's saying nothing. In fact, his silence is frightening me a little bit.

"Sam?"

"Cas..." I'm hoping I'm seeing things when I see tears in my little brother's eyes. "Dean's in trouble."

"H-how can you say that?" I ask slowly, taking Dean's seat across the table.

"Jo, come on. You'd be lying to yourself if you didn't see it. Or maybe you haven't seen it, because you've been too caught up in other things."

"I'm not a very observable person in general," I say carefully. "Sammy, hey." I reach across, grabbing his hands, which, even with my new meat-suit, are bigger than mine. "Look, we'll figure it out, like we always do. One day at a time, okay?"

I lock eyes with Cas. The air in the room is heavy.

It looks like Dean isn't out of the clear with this Mark of Cain just yet. Damn it.

**Tiny yes, I know, but kinda critical to include.**