When I open the door, Harry looks up at me with a guilty look on his face.

'I'm really sorry for all of this. I just got the sweep on what happened between you and me while I was... out,' he says, his voice overflowing with guilt.

'It's not your fault. I know you never meant to get hit by that car. If you can't remember me then I understand,' I say, smiling so that he feels better, but my eyes decide to cry anyway so it's obvious I'm still hurt that he forgot me.

'Don't cry. I'm sure I'll remember soon. I may not remember you but that doesn't mean you need to cry,' he says, trying to sooth me.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and try my hand at smiling once again. As I open my mouth to lie about how I'm okay, Harry cuts me off.

'You don't have to lie on my account. I understand how painful this has to be for you,' he says.

'Thank you,' I say, my voice cracking once again. I have to leave the room so that I don't sob in front of Harry.

God! I'm such a complete mess. I can't go two minutes without crying. Once I get out of the room, I sit down against a nearby wall. I realise that someone is approaching and I look up, expecting to see Liam, but instead I see Harry, wheeling himself towards me in a wheel chair.

'I don't want you to see me like this,' I say through tears.

'I wouldn't be a very good boyfriend if I  left would I?' he asks.

'I'm sorry but your not my boyfriend any more. He died when you lost your memory,' I say sadly.

'I know that, but I'm the closest thing you've got right now. I know I'm not him anymore but maybe talking to me will help you feel better. Who knows, it may even jog my memory,' he suggests.

'It's worth a shot I suppose,' I say, whipping away my tears.

'So do you think you are up to telling me about... you know... us?' he asks.

I nod my head slowly and after almost five minutes of gathering my thoughts I'm ready to begin.

'The first day I saw you, I knew I Iiked you,' I start off.

'Once we got put in a band together, I started spending a ton of time with you and I developed an enormous crush. A few months ago you started acting stangely. Normally, you would sleep with a girl or two whenever we went to a new city, but then, all of a sudden, you started sleeping with girls nightly. You and I were still really good friends, but it killed me every time I saw you with a girl. After a few weeks of that, I reached my breaking point and cut my arms open,' I pause to show him the still pink scars on my arms.

'I accidental cut too deep and I lost so much blood that it put me in a short-term coma. After that, you realised that I liked you because of how upset I was. That lead to you realising that you like me back. After that, we did the normal stuff, went on dates, had a first kiss, wore each others clothes, etc. Then, today, I took you out for a  picnic and you were about to kiss me when a photographer took a picture. We ran back to the hotel, but, on the way there, I tripped and fell.' At this point, my voice gets shaky as I remember Harry getting hit.

'When you turned back to help me up, a car slammed into you and gave you your concussion which is why you lost your memory,' Now caught up to present day, I look at Harry for a reaction.

'Do you remember any of that?' I ask, hopeful that some part of our relationship will be strong enough that he remembers.

After a few moments of concentration, Harry's face falls.

'No, I'm sorry, I don't remember any of that,' he replies solemnly.

Nodding slowly, a tear slips down my cheek. How could he not remember us?

Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me.

'Like I said, I know I'm not the boy you loved but I'll do my best to fill his place,' he says, trying to comfort me.

To an extent, it works. The smell of Harry comforts me and his warmth surrounds me like a blancket of protection. But it's not the same as when Harry used to hold me. I spend almost an hour trying to put my finger on the missing component. What's changed?

Then suddenly it hits me. Sobs violently wrack my body and tears stream down my face. My heart feels like it's been ripped to sheds. Why?

Because the missing ingredient is love.

A/N Best comment gets a dedication in the next chapter!

Do you think Niall will learn to love the new Harry? Do you think Harry will ever remember his past?

Well you know I would love to tell you but unless I get 30 votes on this chapter I might not be motivated enough to write a new one. ;)

And might I say that the next one (or possibly the one after that, depending on how the writing goes) is rather exciting.

(I don't want to be a vote hog so I won't do this often but unless people vote then my story will never get popular. Think of it as helping to share this story with other Narry Shippers.)

Lastly, you should follow me since I'm going to be writing more One Direction themed books after this. The next one on the list is named The Story of My Life and I've posted both a summary and an intro.

Also I was thinking that for Story of My Life I would name each chapter after lyrics in the song. Does that sound like a good idea?