You and I

(A/N Continued Happy Valentines Day! And yes, there will be two more chapters after this. I'll be adding pictures of the rings in the morning.)

Harry

It’s been eight months since I proposed to Niall. During that time we’ve hardly had any alone time. We went back on tour the day after I proposed and it’s been rather hectic trying to deal with all the pandemonium. We’ve gone through countless interviews and lost more than our fair share of fans. While losing fans hurts, Niall and I, as well as the rest of the band, realise that it’s more important to show that gay is okay than to compromise our values over a few fans.

Today is our wedding day, and here I am, standing at the altar. I’m wearing a black tuxedo with a matching bow tie and I’m told that Niall has a white one to match mine, though I have yet to see it for myself. Louis and Zayn are my best men since I felt bad picking only one. They’re standing farther down the aisle in black waistcoats to match mine. On the other side of the aisle, Liam’s dressed in a white waistcoat to match Niall’s. I’ve been standing here for nearly half an hour waiting for Niall and it’s starting to get a little hot what with all the people and my suit on. It’s okay though, I don’t mind. Niall’s worth the wait.

We decided to hold our wedding in London since that was close for most of the lads and their families. The Cathedral we’re holding it in is huge; it has to be since so many people have shown up. Besides the lad’s family, Simon and most of our security team have showed up. Not to mention the several members of the press that found a way in the building as well. It’s a beautiful church. It has huge stain glass windows and buttresses that soar so high above our heads that it makes me dizzy.

Looking around, most of the people look just as impatient as me to get started. Fortunately, the pianist looks like he’s about to start playing the wedding anthem seeing as he just cut off mid song. Smiling, I straighten out my bow tie and make sure to stand up extra tall as the first notes of the song start to drift through the air. Then, as the song continues, the doors to the Cathedral open to reveal a dashing looking Niall. His tuxedo fits perfectly and his brown and blonde hair look amazing. I’m sure Lou spent several hours getting it up to Niall’s standards. Making eye contact with Niall, his previously nervous face turns into a smile.

Walking beside his mum, he starts to make his way down the aisle. I can’t believe that I’m actually doing this. I’ve dreamed so long about marrying Niall. Now that it’s actually happening it feels like my heart’s going to burst. My heart continues to speed up until Niall gets to the altar and the wedding anthem reaches its end. Making his way to the top of the altar, Niall takes his place beside me. Once everyone has quieted down, the priest begins the ceremony.

‘Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of Niall Horan and Harry Styles,’ the priest begins. After that I kind of zone out as I’m lost in Niall’s beautiful blue eyes. I’m only brought back to reality when the priest says ‘If anyone has reason for these two not to wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.’

Now I’ve been to my fair share of weddings. No one’s ever actually objected before. Apparently Diana, yes the one that hospitalised Niall, had a different plan.

‘I object!’ she says, bursting through the church doors. I’m sure she must’ve been listening on the other side the whole time because the chances of her bursting in right now are improbable to say the least.

‘You must be joking,’ Niall says from beside me. I nod at Preston who’s ready and waiting by the door. He picks up the girl firemen style, hauling her out of the room.

‘Harry, don’t do this! You’re supposed to marry me, not him! I love you, don’t do this to me!’ she yells as she’s carried off.

‘Well, seeing as no one of importance objects, the couple will now exchange vows,’ the priest says once she’s gone. Niall goes first.