t h i r t y.

lucia

i wake up with a hell of a headache, and i wince as i get up, everything spinning.

my phone buzzes and i glance down at it, squinting as the two phones in my hands turn back into one.

772-541-324: ready for coffee??

who the heck is that?? i don't remember anyone inviting me to co— oh.

immediately the memories from last night come flooding back. i close my eyes and smack my head.

why the heck would i agree to coffee with him?!

it's been so long since i've talked to him or even seen him and all of a sudden he wants to talk??

bad idea, lucia.

i fire a text back quickly.

me: is this jack maelstrom?

jack: yes.

me: how did you get my number?

jack: you gave it to me last night.

me: oh, well, can't make it—sorry. don't feel well.

he texts back almost immediately and i cringe at the ding my phone makes, my head pounding.

jack: understandable... u were pretty wasted last night

i roll my eyes and block his number.

God i hope i didn't say anything embarrassing....

jack

lucia just sent a text that she can't make it to coffee.

i am so done with all of this. i can't stand what i have done to the reynolds family anymore.

i was hoping to get some closure from seeing that lucia was okay and apologizing to her, but that can't be helped. i have to turn myself in.

i make myself sick, all the memories of me smashing into that guy's car she was driving. i did it over and over, so blinded by my own jealousy and hate that i treated her so badly, that nate could treat her better.

i was so high, i couldn't do this to lucia on my own, i hope to God i'm not that much of a monster.

heading to the last shower i'll probably have for a while, i look at all the eviction notices on my table.

ever since i got lucia and the others into that car accident, our mutual friend has been handing them anonymous envelopes addressed to them, that are full of money that i've worked for to pay off pablo's car. they never deserved this, but i do.

getting into the shower, i shiver as the freezing water hits my warm skin.

this apartment was just a place to stay until i got the nerve to turn myself in.

i douse my hair in shampoo and let the warm water drip down my body as i lean my head back.

it's time to fix everything. once and for all.

heading to my beat up car, my hair still dripping from my shower and the rain from the newly begun thunderstorm outside, i get in and drive to the police station.

"my name is jack maelstrom, and i believe you've been looking for me. i have harassed and been the cause of a car accident and a death in the reynolds family."

the police officer nods, as the deputy finds my case, looking at me as if i were a monster, which i am.

i couldn't do this anymore.

hanging my head he leads me into a cell.

"your trial will be arranged soon."

then he slams the cell door shut and i sit, in silence as i can hear dripping from the rain into a small corner of the moldy cell.