t w e n t y t h r e e.

for @peanutbutterbuddy bc she's amazing and deals with me erryday😊 [get ready & don't die!]

FOLLOW HER!!!

**btw, i have never been to one of their concerts or any technically real concerts in general, so i have no idea what they are actually like. so if this sucks, please forgive me. :)

lucia

i stand and watch the concert begin, thousands of glowsticks lighting up as  the lights dim.

everyone is screaming, but it's dulled down as the giant screen flashes their music video for stressed out. then the screaming comes back louder as the crowd starts waiting for the band to come out.

the stage is dimly lit and shows the band leader standing with his head down, one hand on the microphone as he gets ready and the music picks up.

my name's blurry face and i care what you think.

wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days, when the mama sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

the stadium of people sways as one as they chant the lyrics, their glowsticks and bodies like a living, moving sea completely into the music.

i glance over at cai and pablo and nate, my heart filling with warmth as i sing the lyrics out with the rest of the stadium, all the voices blending into a beautiful mess.

the night turns into a blur until tøp plays my favorite song from them, car radio.

someone stole my car radio and now i just sit in silence,

sometimes quiet is violent...

i grin and belt out the lyrics, singing light and high, feeling my voice soar through the stadium and it's as if everyone was silenced.

nate

i look over at lucia and she is completely lost in the music, swaying and belting out the lyrics.

she looks over and sees me looking at her and she blushes and grins, grabbing my hand.

i return the grin, smiling so big i probably look like an idiot.

i let my eyes sweep over the stadium, lost in the moment—

until i saw jack in the balcony.

he had a gun, pointed straight at us.

my eyes go wide, and my palm is gradually growing sweaty, as he mouths the words,

"hands. off."

his eyes, even from this distance are crazed and bloodshot, and he's wearing all black as he kneels on the abandoned balcony.

he repeats his mouthed words, clenching his teeth again.

"hands off..or i'll kill her."

i let go of lucia's hand so fast she looks over in concern and i almost trip running away, going to "the bathrooms" as i mumble my excuse to pablo and cai.

lucia looks confused and disappointed, and she comes after me.

i walk faster, then she puts a hand on my shoulder.

hissing, i turn around and she is taken aback.

"nate? did i do something wrong?" she asks nervously, rubbing her hands on her jeans.

"no, lucia. you didn't do anything wrong." i sigh, running my hands through my hair.

she smiles and reaches up to to hug me around the neck, but my face hardens as all i see as jack hurting her.

i can't let her get hurt.

"lucia...it's not you. it's me."

she looks hurt, pulling away, before her face hardens.

"nate, don't give me that bull shit." she looks pissed now, her voice slightly raised.

her cheeks are flushed, and her eyes are sparking from anger and there's nothing in the world i want more than to kiss her and hold her until she is safe.

stop it nate, you'll only hurt her.

and once again her in a hospital room, wires attached to her beautiful skin and bruises littering her arms fills my mind.

"stay away from me, lucia."

and then lucia's eyes widen and tears glitter at the corner of them.

i feel my heart crack open at the look on her face, and i turn from her.

suddenly i feel a pair of lips on mine.

"i'm never leaving you again."

sheila?!