t w e n t y e i g h t. (f i r s t e n d i n g.)

guys im realllyyyyy sorry for not updating but this is v v important.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR OVER 3.3 K READS

this chapter may or may not be the last chapter of puberty, (i am doing bonus chapters) so i just wanted to say a million thank yous to the following people:

-inaudibles for being a boss ass queen and giving me this story idea—thank you again

peanutbutterbuddy for helping me with the plot and being there whenever i needed her— love ya💙

unicorn_gurll for supporting me always, and seeing the good in me when i messed up seriously, still loving me anyways. ❤️

lawleytoes for being amazing and hilarious with the comments and feedback on the chapters—you're amazing haha🙈💗

and all the others who have constantly voted on this story—y'all are amazing, i love you guys so so much. God bless.

xx kat

__

nate

it's been a week since cai passed, and today pablo is moving to new york city, lucia, me, and link are helping him move today, but link is going with him, then getting on a plane in nyc to california.

i walk into pablo's room first thing in the morning, and he's a mess.

red eyes, messy hair, stuff is trashed all over his room, the light beams from the window fall across his wrinkled white shirt as he stares out.

i go over to him, and he snaps out of it, then looks at me and i can see all his feelings.

guilt, heartbreak, worry, anger, fear.

"it's okay." i say quietly, and his face crumples and he hugs me tightly.

"i'm sorry, i have to do this..i can't bear being here anymore..she's all i can see." he whispers, his tears soaking my shirt.

i pull away and look him in the eye.

"it's okay, it's what she would have wanted for you."

he nods gratefully, and wipes his eyes before continuing to pack without saying another word about his tears.

hours fly by as lucia and link shows up, and her mom as well. her mom is cold toward us, but i can tell she really cares about pablo, link is really quiet, but lucia is really cheerful, almost in a abusive way.

her eyes and complexion are almost too bright as she chatters brightly away, and i think even she is relieved as pablo  and link pack the last of their stuff into the moving truck and get in.

pablo looks at us through the driver's side window, and for a moment, a smile plays on his face.

a reflection of the old jokester him, but more pain woven in and an older face.

he smiles and lifts up one hand, and link does too, before they drive out of our lives, into the foggy day and onto a new beginning, a new life, with less pain and more happiness.

i look over at lucia and slowly intertwine our hands, and she lets me, as we watch the white moving truck slowly disappear into the mist, leaving us behind, small and sad specks in the dust, two figures just being left in a bend on the road of life.

"no matter what happens, we are here, together, and alive." i tell her, and she nods, swallowing her emotions.

"God, i'm going to miss those dorks," she says, her tears thick in her voice, her nose slightly red from the cold. she wipes her nose with the sleeve of her old, paint stained sweater, and walks to my car.

we go to cai's grave one last time, before going back to lucia's house. her brother comes out, for once not screaming, and looks at us solemnly.

lucia smiles at him, before taking his hand and leading him inside.

i wave, and she waves back through the kitchen window.

her mom calls me later to ask if i can babysit one last time before going back to college, and i accept.

everything is changing, and so much is uncertain in our lives but i know one thing is for sure as i look up to the sky.

God has a will, and cai is with Him now, lucia, link, and pablo and i will stay in touch, and puberty is finally over.

"see you soon, i love you."

the end.