t e n.

lucia

i wake up deliciously warm to the sound of my alarm, with nate in my bed.

WAIT. NATE?!

i scramble out of bed, completely forgetting that i sleep in a nightshirt and undies. it's the equivalent of him seeing me in a bikini and a coverup, but still. no.

i run to my dresser and quickly put on some boxers (yup, i buy boxers. they're WAY more comfy) and go back to bed.

nate wakes me up at 6:30, however. "lucia! luuucccciaaaaaa! waake up it's a school day?!" he yells, shaking me.

i refuse to wake up, and that's when he climbs on top of me and starts tickling me. i mean, full on tickle attack.

i eventually laugh and give in, and help him get tyler ready for school. "how long are you staying?" i ask him as we pack tyler's and my lunch. "til i leave." he says jokingly, and i grimace.

"until your mom gets home." he says seriously. "okay." i say and then leave a note for cai, telling her to rest and drink a lot of water.

"okay, bye. see you later hater!" i yell to nate and go down to the bus stop. my car is in the shop right now, so i have to take the bus.

once the bus i get on and shiver. the bus is unbearably cold and when the freezing leather touches my skin i get goosebumps.

i ignore it, but i'm so cold it's difficult.

when i get to the school i immediately call nate to ask if he can bring me a jacket and a girl answers his phone breathlessly.

"hel-hello?" she gasps.

"u-um, can i talk to nate??" i ask, feeling disgusted. how could i think nate even likes me. he was back to his old player habits already.

"i'm his girlfriend, who are you?" she rudely snaps and i cringe.

"just a friend." i say shortly, and thankfully I hear nate asking for his phone.

"lucia? are you okay?!" he asks and i immediately smile at the sound of his voice. stop it. he's a player and he'll only break your heart—again.

"hey. it's really c-cold here. can you bring me a sweatshirt-t?" i try to be cool and distant, but i'm shivering so bad i stutter.

"oh my gosh of course! i was so worried because i was—" "screwing your gf? i know, nate. please hurry s-so cold."

"no?! i don't have a girlfriend what the hell?"

"the girl who answered the phone isn't?" i say skeptically and he groans.

"no. no GOD no. she's a daughter of a friend of my mother's who's had a crush on me."

"oh. sorry. listen i gotta go, just please hurry!" i say, too distracted by the students running to their classes to hear him say goodbye.

nate

"have a great day, beautiful." i whisper just before she hangs up.

she probably didn't hear me. oh well.

i get off the phone to deal with juna. "please stop. you are NOT my girlfriend."

"oh, the girl on the phone is?" she sneers.

"yes actually!" i blurt out. oops....

"well, introduce me to her tomorrow since i'm going to school with her next week."

shit.