t h r e e.

lucia

i hear his voice, like i am in a dream. i want to turn away, to run but i can't.

he will see me and make some crude comment about how i am uglier than cai, or how he can't believe that cai's my sister because she's thin and i'm not, even though i am now.

thanks to years of healthy eating and the gym.

years without him being my friend, years of him being my bully.

whatever. i don't care anymore.

i busy myself with tidying up the living room, then behind me, i hear him say, "well, well, well."

my knees start to shake, but thank goodness he can't see my body yet, all he can see is my long blonde hair. it is natural, although my hair was super dark brown when i was younger.

he comes in the room, arms folded as i turn around and then his jaw drops.

--
nate

"well, well, well." i say, coming into the room lucia's in.

she turns around, her long blonde hair flowing and my jaw drops.

i thought she'd look the same, the little fat girl who i was always friends with.

nope.

she's drop dead gorgeous, with a tan, fit body and beautiful hair and eyes.

not that i'm into all body looks. she was beautiful back then too. just in a different way.

"w-what happened to you?" i stammer.

"it's called puberty, dumbass." she says sharply.

there's an awkward silence as she gathers up the plates on the table and puts them on the counter.

"hey... so...how are you?" i say awkwardly as she cleans up and dresses tyler.

i really want to talk to her, to see how she's been doing the past, i don't know, 12 years? and i mean, not just because she's gorgeous. she seems like so much more, like she's got more than a pretty face and body like cai.

"oh, so now you care? you want to know how i'm doing now?" she says softly but with a bitter undertone.

"how about in the years i—you know what never mind." lucia says angrily and takes tyler by the hand.

"what? what were you going to say?" i ask as i follow her through the house.

"stop following me." she snaps, and i just smile sweetly at her.

"this is our babysitting job, remember?"

she rolls her eyes and stomps on my foot, then walks away.

"mature!" i call after her, cursing in pain.

"should have thought about that while you made me cry myself to sleep at night!" she yells from the kitchen, banging pots around.

i wince. dear God i hope i didn't.

i walk into the kitchen and grab her wrist.

"what did you say?" i ask softly.

"let go of me?!" she pants, trying feebly to get her arm free.

i tower over her, and push her gently against the sink.

she gulps and places her hands on my chest.

i tuck a runaway piece of hair behind her ear and lean in to whisper in her ear.

"but i don't want to."

i look at her, her lips slightly parted and i want to kiss her.

i lean in slowly, my breathing increases and then—

MEHAHAHAHAH DEAL WITH THE CLIFFHANGER GUYS.

IM EVIL IK.

ilyasm!!

xx kat