t w e n t y t w ø.

lucia

let's just say that car ride was very awkward. and when i say very, i mean extremely, painfully awkward.

i refused to look at him. i mean, come on.

i love him beyond myself, and i made him leave, it was all my fault.

pablo and cai tried to make small talk, but most of the ride was painful and silent.

so they decided to turn on the radio.

bad idea. major bad idea.

sad song by we the kings came on. i always think of nate when that song comes on. damn it.

all the pain and hurt of our fight comes rushing back, but i try to keep a straight, poker face.

you and i, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky.

without you i feel broke, like i'm half of a whole..

and then i realize, nate is quietly humming underneath his breath, staring at me.

i dare to look at him, and it's like time stops.

his eyes are glossy, and he searches my face for something that i don't know.

he reaches toward my face, cupping it gently in his hand, wiping away the warm tears that i didn't realize were running down my cheeks.

i wince and look down, turning away.

he sighs lightly, and laces our fingers together, stroking my fingers with his thumb.

he whispers in the silence,

"i'm so sorry."

his voice cracks.

and i pull my hand away to cover my face.

--

nate

i was right. lucia did come, and we were stuck in the back seat together for a couple hours.

it was extremely, painfully, heart wrenchingly awkward and sad.

ever since our huge fight we haven't spoken, so i decided to apologize.

i turned to her, and although she was crying i've never seen her so beautiful.

the setting sun came through the window and made a halo around her face, then highlighted the tears on her face so that they looked like little gold pieces running down her cheeks.

i took her face gently into my hands and wiped the little gold tears away.

"i'm so sorry.." my voice cracked and she winced, pulling away and her face has never looked so heartbroken.

and for the rest of the ride i sat there, in utter silence.

two hours later, we finally get there, to the venue, and i've never seen cai so excited about something.

pablo and her really are good for each other.

they made a much better couple than cai and i did.

lucia is excited, she jumps out of the car, squealing with cai and adjusting their outfits.

cai whispers to her something, and she looks at me and nods.

cai smiles and walks away, and lucia walks toward me.

she doesn't say a word, only holds her hand out.

i gladly take it, her hands are so soft and cold, and my hand swallows her smaller hand up, warming it.

she shivers at my touch and i inwardly smile, still got it, hopefully.

then she drags me into the stadium to find some seats while pablo and cai get merch.

--

lucia

i quickly find us seats and then thankfully pablo and cai come back with some tshirts and shot glasses (cai collects them, but now she calls them pennyglasses)

they come back giggling and choking on their words, making up inside jokes.

I've never seen cai look so happy, she's practically glowing, her cheeks pink and her eyes starry as she gazes at him.

pablo is the same way, making her laugh with his horrible jokes and constantly smiling so big it looks like it hurts.

and i realize something.

nate and i fight, we fought, we broke up.

but there's always second chances, right?

a/n:

HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED WOOOOOOOO

sorry about the super long wait, i'll try to update weekly now—but school and family issues and i finally got a man WOOO haha.

and im no longer a lip virgin:)

anyways, enjoy!! i love you all so much!

xx kat