Chapter 28

Tuesday July 26, 2016

"When is Ava's birthday?" Chase asks.

"November 26."

"Awe, two days before mine. And that makes her 8 months today."

"Yes. And did the Chase Elliott just say awe?"

"I think I did. To much time with Ava."

"But you two are so cute."

"Speaking of Ava, can I hold her?"

I hand Ava over to Chase and sneak a video of him baby taking to her and her giggling. Then posted it on Twitter.

"Hey, you needed me?" Sydney ask barging in.

"Yeah, do you mind coming to the store with Ava and I."

"Yeah. Let me go get my wallet."

"Can I go?" Chase asks.

"Why would you want to go."

"I'm actually upset you didn't ask me just to go with you."

"Well I was going to, but I'm pretty sure Sydney is also going to need food as much as Ryan eats."

"Probably."

This was the first time I was taking Ava out in public, here in Charlotte. I took her to Indy last weekend and Eldora last week. It went really well being Ava's first two races.

I take Ava from Chase who starts complaining and put her in her car seat. Before I can grab it Chase does.

"I got her, go get your phone."

I go into the kitchen and grab my phone and wallet and meet Chase at the door. We walk out and grab Sydney before going to the store. Chase drives and Sydney sits in the back with Ava. We arrive shortly and get out. I take Ava's car seat and Chase grabs a store cart. I put the car seat in the stroller and start shopping. The apartment was fully out of food. Thanks to Will and JH.

After 1/2 an hour of shopping I check out and we load the truck up with all our groceries. I call Will and JH to help us when we pull into the apartments.

After unloading everything and getting the food to where it belongs, I find Chase with Ava in the living area.

"You do realize I am legally her guardian and you have her 99.9% of the time."

"I'm fine with that."

"What if I'm not?"

"You know you are because we are the cutest." Chase says smoking my words form earlier.

"Hey!" Sydney yells walking in.

"Yes?"

"I'm making all of us dinner, 6 me and Ry's apartment."

Then she walks out , without any one answering her. But that's how she is. And that's ok.

"Let me guess you're going to stay again tonight." I ask Chase.

"I mean, if you want me to."

"Whatever, I think I've gotten use to someone else in my bed."

"That's a good thing. I need to go talk to the guys. Go relax take a bubble bath or something."

"Aww, thanks Chase." I kiss his cheek and do exactly what he suggest. A nice warm lavender bubble bath.

*Chase's POV*

"Come on let's go talk to the boys." I say in a baby voice towards Ava.

I find them both in Will's room watching a horror movie. JH sees me in the door with Ava and pauses the movie.

"What's up?" Will questions.

"I need to talk."

"About?"

"Not many people know, but most of our group of friends and racers know that Bryn and I are dating. And we haven't been for that long. But I feel like we've been together forever. Just the way we get along and everything. and now with Ava I feel Bryn needs someone for emotional support for her and a strong protective figure for both."

"What are getting at exactly?"

"I've been thinking of asking Bryn to marry me."

*Short update, unusual for me, but want to leave it here, like this.*