Chapter 16

"Hey Will!"

"Hey Bryn, guess what!"

"What Will?"

"I get to race this weekend! Oh how its been a while." Will says picking me up and spinning me around.

Yep that's right Will is racing this weekend in truck series at Martinsville. Now I probably shouldn't say this, but I don't care for short track racing. Yep I know you probably all hate me now.

"Yeah I know Will! Finally a weekend where I don't have to listen to you whine cause you aren't racing. Now since you are racing, you better win."

"I don't know if I will be able to. Ben is looking good, so is Cole, and John-Hunter also."

"I heard my name?" JH says coming towards us. (I'm calling John-Hunter Nemechek JH it's just easier)

"JH! It has been forever! I've missed you." I say.

"Me too girl." JH says also spinning me in circles in a hug.

"Now I need you two to get P1 and P2."

They both laugh and shake their heads while I walk them to driver intros.

"So like I was saying it's going to be hard with Cole, Ben, JH, and especially Kyle." Will says.

"I need one of you to beat that little baby's butt."

"We'll try." JH says.

"Ok I'll be at both of your cars. I'll see you guys after intros."

I walk towards the #9 and #8 car sitting on pit road waiting for the race. I grab my phone and quickly take a picture of the two cars. I then post the photo with the caption.

@bryn_hamlin : Cheering on these 2 boys during the race today! 🏁

I wait a few minutes before both of the guys show up. We all talk about track conditions and what they think of their cars. Soon the Pre-race ceremonies started. We bowed our head and prayed.

"Amen." Will, JH, and I all say together.

After the national anthem I let the boys get in their car. I quickly wish Will good luck and then JH.

I take both boys hats and sunglasses and head to Will's pit box.

*After Race*

I'm upset but happy. The boys finished P2 and P3, JH and then Will. And the winner, of course Kyle Busch. Who doesn't love Kyle Busch winning all the races. Me I don't love it at all!

"You guys did great. I'm proud of both of you!"

"But we didn't win." Will says disappointed.

"I know Will, but you don't need to win. Come on let's order a pizza and watch movies in my motor coach, huh?"

They both agree and we all head to our coaches. I ask Denny to get us a pizza since he wasn't at the track. After finally talking him into it, I grab a bunch of movies and grab some blankets and pillows and bring them into the living room type area of the coach.

"I'm here!" JH says walking in.

"Ok Denny is getting us a pizza he should be here soon."

JH made himself comfortable on the couch and got on his phone.

"Yeah, come to my coach, lay on my couch, eat a pizza I buy, and go on your phone. Such nice company." I say sitting in one of the chairs.

"I know I am. You know that guy driving the 32 today in trucks."