Chapter 26

"Ah New Hampshire Motor Speedway." I cheer walking off the plane.

Will, JH, and I load into our rental car and head to the track.

"Is your friend Gabe coming this weekend?" Will asks looking at his phone.

"He can't he owns a business now and he has an emergency. I'm a little upset I haven't seen him in 2 years."

Gabe's parents were friends with my parents, so Gabe and I grew up together. We're the same age and we shared a lot of classes. Gabe took college classes in high school and the summer after graduation did a summer college, so he could open the business. He owns a large electronic repair company now, that all started in Boston. It's really cool how much has happened to him.

"Wasn't this the first race track you went to and then invited Gabe too?" Will asks.

"It was."

"You liked him?"

"As no more than a friend and sometimes even a brother figure since he is closer to my age than Denny is." I defend.

"Nope, you liked him as more than a friend." JH joins.

"No! But guys when we head back Sunday we get to pick up Ava!"

"I'm happy about that, but no changing the subject."

"I'm serious I never liked him."

"Whatever."

Soon I turn into the track and I'm at my motor coach, that I share with the guys. We also have to get it Ava ready. Which should be easy since Will and JH aren't racing this weekend.

"Ok we came on a Thursday night so we could sleep later, so good night."

They both say good night and soon I'm dreaming of all the things that are going to happen in my future.

*Next Morning*

I wake up and here voices from the living area of the coach. I can tell JH and Will's voice but then there was another, and I couldn't tell who's it was. Before I go out I brush out my bed head and put a shirt on over my sports bra.

I walk out and see Will, JH, and some other guy sitting at the table. All I could see was the back of his head. He had short dark colored hair and he was wearing a nice button up shirt. I didn't know who it was, because none of the guys would wear what he was at the track.

"Morning Bryn!" Will chuckles.

"Good morning." I say slightly confused.

The unknown guy turns around, and I quickly recognize his face to Gabe's.

"Gabe!"

"Hey Bryn."

We both hug for a few minutes before we pull away.

"What, I thought you had an emergency meeting for your business?"

"Nope, made it up to surprise you."

"Ah, I'm so happy. Have you seen Denny yet?"

"No, but he knows I'm here cause he got me the tickets."

"Oh, well practice doesn't start till 11:30, so I won't need to be there til 11. You can hang out with the guys in the hauler or something."

"That sounds cool."

We talk a little bit more and then I get ready. Putting on the clothes I have to wear while working on the car. We all walk out of my coach and head to the garages.

Once we get to Denny's garage, Gabe and him exchange Hello's before Denny gets ready to go out on track. I start listening to the crew telling me everything about the car and any issues.