Trying something new. - Katy & Caleb

It had been three months since we broke up. I still felt just as bad as I had the day it happened. Getting out of bed seemed harder and doing school work wasn't a thing I did anymore. 

Hearing his name, thinking about him, seeing him... It all caused a sinking feeling in my stomach and my heart to start pounding. I wondered if things were the same for him as they were for me. Bad. 

It was cold outside, dark thunder clouds loomed above in the sky and the sun was constantly covered by them making it darker then it was supposed to be. School had just ended and the halls were practically  empty. I was bent down at my locker staring in trying to remember what books I needed to take home. I couldn't remember anything from class. I closed the locker door, standing back up and slinging my bag over my shoulder. 

I slowly walked to the band room not wanting to have to go to practice for drum line. I had signed up a week ago, now I'm regretting my decision. I reached for the handle when suddenly it swung open. I narrowly missed getting hit in the face by it and managed to twist out of the way. It still hurt my shoulder. "Ow..." I said rubbing where it hit. "Oh shit. I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" 

I looked up to see a boy. He had dark brown hair and was wearing a Black Veil Bride T-shirt, Both wrist were full of different bracelets. 

"It's cool." I mumbled, pushing past him and into the band room. I walked to the high school side, setting my stuff down in the corner and looked around. Alanna and Victoria were sitting on the far side. Alanna laying down and Victoria stretching. 

I walked over laying down, face down. I groaned. "Looks like someone had a goo day." Victoria said laughing. I grunted and they both laughed. 

"So did You see him?" Alanna asked. "See who?" I asked. 

"Our new drummer boy." Victoria said. " Transferred from union. He just tried out for band and drum line on the tenor."

"What does he look like?" I asked. "Brown hair, skater style, lots of bracelets." Alanna described. "Oh yea, I saw him just now coming in. He hit me with the dor." They  laughed. "You sure do have a way with guys." I'm sure she was smirking when she said that. I sighed and turned on my back.

"Life Sucks." I stated. Alanna nodded in agreement. Victoria got up grabbing her flag and started to do her warm ups.

"Do you not agree Victoria?" I asked. She smiled knowingly. "Not in the way your thinking it sucks for." I sighed again she always knows what I'm talking about. 

The door opened and Drummer boy walked into the room. Sitting his stuff down. Joined us on the floor as well. We sat watching Victoria for a while.

"So what's your name Drummer Boy?" Alanna asked. He looked over. "Caleb. Yours?" Victoria did a toss. "I'm Alanna." She pointed to herself. "That's Katy." She pointed to me. "That's Victoria." She pointed to her. Caleb nodded. " Yea... I'm just gonna call you Drummer Boy..." Victoria said Spinning the flag.

He shrugged his shoulders. "All right, I guess." He said. The door opened again and Mr. Dobb’s walked through the door.

"I need two people to help move he instruments." He stated eyeing everyone in the room. "Katy and Drummer Boy can do it!" Victoria Stated excitedly.

So now I'm moving instruments. Pushing a xylophone across campus. We walked in silence. Me walking backwards and him pushing. He cleared his throat. "So do you like it here?" He asked. I opened my mouth to reply when a shiny white car caught my attention. A car that I dreaded seeing. The driver stepped looking handsome as always. He glanced my way then turned and walked away not even sparing me  second glance. 

Suddenly the instrument jerked out of my hands and my feet were ripped out from under me. Thankfully I landed on grass. 

"Shit your like a walking accident!" He said standing over me. I squeezed my eyes shut then opened them again. "Did he see that?" I said more to myself then to him, but nevertheless he turned and looked in his direction. "He's staring." He stated bluntly. I groaned covering my eyes. He laughed. "This is so embarrassing!" I said. "Want some damage control?" I nodded my head. 

 Suddenly I was into his arms and almost just as fast his lips were pressed to mine. But barely. 

The only thought I had was what was I getting myself into?