Chapter 30: Goodbye

"This small town of Dentmoth has been rocked by a terrifying series of events. A week ago, bright and early in the morning, a large group of individuals who have yet to be identified, invaded the town. The citizens of this small town woke up to people dressed as zombies batting at their doors. People were hoarded out of them homes by people with weapons.

"We haven't been able to get an exact number as of yet, but by all accounts there were over a two hundred, maybe even more, people who played a part in this. The attackers herded all the people to the high school, and the purpose of this has not been determined but it was no doubt sinister. This is believed to have been a terrorist attack of some form, but no known organisation have taken credit for it. To add insult to injury, all the graves of the town were vandalised in an attempt to no doubt instil more fear into the people of Dentmoth.

"The people of this town were trapped in the grounds of the high school, before being aided by a pack of what is believed to be wild dogs. Experts say the only explanation is that the animals perceived the people pretending to be the dead as threats and attacked. It was only this stroke of luck that let the people run for the exits of the town. They managed to escape, even after encountering more of these people around the town lines.

"Unfortunately, several people were killed in this attack. Over sixty people died in this senseless attack . It is believed that over half of these deaths were caused by people refusing to leave there homes and refusing to be herded to the high school. Of these sixty-eight dead, thirty-two were men, twenty-eight were women and eight were children. There are fifteen people missing, who vanished in the attack and have yet to be found. Over one hundred and three people were injured, with fifteen still in critical condition.

"People all over the world are calling out there outrage of this senseless attack. Several senators and congressmen are preparing to make speeches. The scariest part of this attack is the senselessness of it. These people were simply living there lives and there was no indication of what was going to happen. We are still in the dark as to why this was done, and who is responsible. It is debatable whether it was simply a prank by some deranged criminals that went wrong, or it was a planned terror attack.

"We will have more information on the six o'clock news. My name is Trisha Evans, reporting at Dentmoth. Before I sign off, the names of all those killed in this attack are going to be listed on the screen, and we ask for a moment of silence to remember these unfortunate souls."

Blake sighed and turned his head to the woman next to him that was watching the screen with wide eyes. "Could you please turn that off?"

She looked at him and slowly pressed the button, causing the small TV screen to go blank. Blake let out a sigh at the silence and closed his eyes.

"You are one of those hundred something people injured, aren't you?"

Blake gritted his teeth and opened his eyes. The woman looked at him curiously and Blake felt his rage dissipate. It wasn't her fault he was so irritated and he wasn't going to take out his rage on her.

"Yes, I was."

She smiled and held out a hand that never hoped to cover the distance between their beds, "My name's Sandra."

Blake eyed her, "My name's Blake."

"Are you a werewolf?"

Blake sat up quickly and let out a silent scream, falling back and clutching his stomach. He focused his blurry eyes on the woman who was looking at him amused.

"I- don't- know- what- you're- talking- about," he panted.

She snorted, lying back in her bed. "Please, a pack of wild dogs decided to help those humans. Besides, I was wheeling around the halls when they brought you in, they were sure you were a dead man. You were covered in third degree burns, and your guts were nearly dragging on the floor. It was lucky the pack doctor took control; otherwise they would have seen you heal fast. Technically you picked the best time to be mortally injured because they were so busy."