Chapter 15: Reapers, necromancers and soulshifters! Oh my!

Mary was eager to see the girl work. She'd never encountered a necromancer before, not even in all her centuries. It was a fascinating experience.

The girl had to have five specialised candles which she arranged in the shape of a star, or a pentagram, or something sort of magical shape. The girl proudly informed Mary that this was to keep the occupants of the star protected. Mary didn't know shapes had such powers.

Then there was the added benefit of a dozen or so strange herbs, bones of some sort of animal and graveyard dirt. All of this when mixed together with the right words created magic or something like that. It was fascinating, but rather ridiculous.

The girl mumbled a lot after that in some sort of strange language, and then she pricked her finger and dripped the blood into the pot Adele had received from the kitchen. The entire process reminded Mary of a night long ago when she'd sworn a blood oath with a bunch of idiots. Absentmindedly she looked down at the long scar on her palm .Sometimes she could still feel the biting pain of the silver.

Silver, another reason being a werewolf was annoying. Mary had always liked silver more than gold and this body she couldn't even touch the stuff. When she'd cut into her palm that night it was agony, but she'd barely felt it. At that time she'd been floating in euphoria because everything finally made sense.

The girl was still muttering to herself and Mary had the feeling it would continue for a while, so she let her mind drift.

It had been two days since Anya Royce jumped and no one expected her to be alive, even if she was a werewolf. Now the search efforts focused on recovering her body.

Mary listened as her parents discussed what the police had told them, that they might never find the girl's body. The river had been so over flooded and had so much debris in it, they had no idea if she was only a few feet from the bridge or had drifted a few states over by now.

Her idiotic parents were trying to think of ways they could comfort their small, sweet girl, their youngest child. Mary sighed; she didn't need to me consoled. She was completely fine. It wouldn't have done well to let them know that, so for the moment she was the traumatised girl. It wasn't hard, she just copied Eva.

"The alpha is distraught you know," her mother said, unable to resist the gossip. "He knew the girl well."

"Can't have known her that well if she went and offed herself," her father said. Her mother smacked him lightly and scolded him for speaking ill of the dead. "Sorry," he whined out. "I'm just shocked, this doesn't really happen. I mean humans I can understand, but she had an entire pack behind her."

Mary smiled to herself. She personally had made sure that Anya had no one. She refused to get someone's name tattooed onto her face, and more importantly she refused to lose the brainless groupies that followed her around. It had been all most to easy and lots of fun to ruin the girls life.

At the beginning it hadn't meant much, that silly little bet, especially because she knew she could win it. Yet, the brat refused to cry no matter what. After a month it stopped just being about winning the bet, it became Mary's sole purpose to destroy her. This stupid little werewolf didn't have the right to try to stand up to her, she didn't have the right to act like she was better than her.

It had been easy to come up with a plan.

Mary no longer wanted to just make the girl cry, she wanted to completely destroy her. It took all of ten minutes to come up with a plan. She'd written them down on a piece of paper, which she quickly memorised than burned.