Chapter 34

A/N: Not Edited

Ryan's POV

"Why would she be mad at you when it is her who is hiding her past?" Aaron asked getting free from my hold.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"So, Veronica did not tell you her past?" He walked to get a glass of water. "Too bad she doesn't consider trust you."

"Say it out clearly before I beat the shit out of you!" I warned him.

"Veronica asked me to meet her in person, without your acknowledgement." He continued, "She needed a shoulder to lean on and shared her deepest secret with me." I was ready to tear his shoulder apart listening to this but I know that he only provoking me.

"She had an ex boyfriend. Her relationship with Adrian lasted for an year. The night you took her to the hospital, It wasn't an accident rather she was attacked."

"Do you think I am too dumb to believe whatever shit you say?" I kept repeating to myself that this is all a lie.

"I am sure you are not so dumb not to believe even after you see the proofs about what I am talking about." He took a chair making himself comfortable.

"The reason I lied to Sally about us, is only to get you closer to Veronica. That girl has huge trust issues and she is mentally disturbed." He went on,"Do you remember the newspaper our parents hid from us when we were kids?The paper in which rape of six year old girl was on front page?"

"Yeah, what about it now?" I asked pinching my nose. I remember we were nine years old and searched for papers to make boats while we came across the news. At that time, we did not know clearly what it was about, our parents soon snatched it from us. Being curious than ever, we got the details about it.

"It is her Ryan."

I was frozen in my place listening to everything what Aaron had said. My phone has been ringing asking for my attention.

"Hello?"

"Ryan! It's me Tamara. Where are you? Our clients have been waiting for an hour now and they are not ready to wait anymore."

"Don't stop them." 

"But, This decides the future of the company."

"Let them go."

I cut the call and stormed out of the room. I placed hand in my pocket to pull out the ring I bought to propose Veronica after getting the deal.

I wanted to marry her. Today was the day I had been working for and I don't have a reason to do this anymore. 

She cheated me.

---

Unknown's POV

"We have at last achieved what we aimed for." I said sipping the coffee.

"Indeed, Our plan has worked out." Aaron replied.

"As the task is done, we no longer see each other. And, I wish you a happy journey into Veronica's life."

"I wish you the same Tamara."He smirked.

---

Veronica's POV

Ryan stood in front of me with most furious eyes I have ever seen. The spark in his eyes faded away and were filled with questions which I would never be able to answer. 

Sky turned darker and wind has been blowing with coldness that would cut right through the skin.

"Why didn't you tell me about your past?" He questioned as I stood numb, wondering about the night we spent cuddling. Those memories pierced my heart sharply.