Chapter 1

"Wakee upppp!" I heard someone yelling from just outside the door, I'm probably dreaming or something stupid. I felt some cold water drip onto my nose, before a wave of icy water slammed onto my face, soaking my skin and some of the blankets, oh well, they'll dry.

I shot open my eyes and my body jolted upright in shock, I turned towards the figure in front of me, boiling with rage. Just my mum.

"Will you stop staring at me like that" It is too weird... Get yourself out of bed! You're going to be late for college!" My typical Indian mother worried, rushing around my room a little, cleaning up as best she could of my mini dirt piles. She was fairly skinned, with a natural pinkish blush, which I was not lucky enough to inherit, as well as those loathsome, perfect lips like an Indian beauty. My mum is so cute! In a family kind of way of course.

"Alright, alright!" I grumbled in defeat, swinging my legs out of bed to get ready. Two more agonizing years and I will be said and done with this fucking college of mine, and everything relating to it. I hate it all. From the group of wannabes to the bad boys. All of it is just so superficial. Right down to the lecturers. That is an Indian college for you.

I opened up my wardrobe doors like a princess. Do I have to spend precious time of mind getting dressed for college? Hell no. A blue pair of jeans and a casual black t-shirt will suffice for now.

I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine

I've got a love and I know that it's all mine

Oh. Oh, oh

Do what you want, but you're never gonna break me,

Oh. Oh, oh

I started dancing as the music wafting from the speakers and around my room. Just as quickly as it started, my brother practically came in to shut it all down. He was younger than me, but he had an annoyed look on his face as if he were my father, and in one of his hands, he had a phone, my phone!

"Can you answer instead of dancing to your ringtone?"

"Oh! Was that a call? My mobile is too cool that it makes me dance every time I am popular!" I grinned, "thanks Bobby boy!" I laughed, his real name was Bob, but I spared him the humiliation with Bobby.

"Stop being stupid. I know you can't, but at least try." He fired back with a satisfied smirk,

"Whatever."

I checked my phone, only to come face to face with at least 5 missed calls from my best friend, Sally Daniel's. I didn't hesitate to unlock the phone and instantly call her, bad choice. I was met with what sounded like a high pitched version of Maria Sharapova, also known as a scream match. "Where the HELL have you BEEN!"

"I, ugh..." Doing my best to cover up I had let where I was supposed to be slip.

"At the .... bus stop." She finished the sentence for me. Damn it, I was late. I hung up before she could say anything else, running for my life to that bus stop. If I missed it, I was in big trouble.

I sprinted down the sidewalks, past the dormant houses and past a beautiful park to find my little witch standing there, boiling with anger. I got within a metre of her, but within a nano-second, I turned my body to face towards the road, unprepared for anything she might throw at me. For my sake, the wait for the bus was uneventful and we were able to get on without a fuss.

Once aboard, we subconsciously sat next to each, we chatted a little once she had overcome her little temper moment, and talked about the usual things. I felt a vibration coming from underneath my ass. My phone, of course. The conversation and chatter from the buss, adding onto the fact I was sitting on it, probably drowned out the ringtone. Thank God.

The name on the screen appeared. Just the first letter sent shock waves through my body, my heart pounded so hard, sending liters of blood through my body that I thought it was going to burst my eardrums and I could feel myself perspiring out my palms. My breath started to quicken and I began to panic. This should be a routine bus trip, not one where I get a panic attack!

My fingers had a mind of their own, accepting the call and putting the device up to my ear, "Veronica," I hear a voice so familiar to me breathe through the speaker, "hey Veronica.... Vero? Come on! Say something!" I block the microphone on the phone and lower it, chucking a cool stare at Sally, "It's him."

"It's who?"

"My ex."

-----END OF THE CHAPTER---

Hope you enjoyed reading the first chapter :)

Thank you So much

Vote Comment Share if you like it :))