Chapter 5

I stood there, shocked, looking at the papers flying all around me. There was probably a ridiculous look of awe plastered on my face. I looked around, as the quickly swarming crowd started throwing papers and laughing at me. This is bad, very bad. I always have my diary in my bag. How did they find it? What is happening? No one was supposed to know about my life. I get bullied enough. This will worsen situations.

"Whore!" People started shouting, looks of pure malice and sadism on their faces as they laughed at my struggling.

My heart started racing and it was so loud that I could feel it in my throat. My head started spinning and could hear the taunts and cruel words of the crowd no longer. I was frozen in my place feeling numb. I could not move my legs. I wanted to run away but my body was paralyzed, rooted to the spot.

"She is the bitch! I always told you." One boy shoves his friend.

No. I am not. It wasn't my fault.

I wanted to scream.

"No! I am Not!!!" I shouted, the one boy's phrase bringing me back to my senses. A couple of people stopped to listen, but most people barely acknowledged my cry.

My eyes were are already wet. I could feel tears streaming down my cheeks and I saw a body moving towards me. He wiped off my tears, and I was too shocked to push him away. Adrian?

"STOP IT!" He growled to the crowd. The corridor went so silent that you could hear a pin drop, and papers stopped flying. Everyone was obeying him. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me towards his chest, which was supposed be a comforting move, but it frightened me more.

Will came running towards us and grabbed my arm, hateful words on his lips.

"He has always been there for you. In every single trouble you went through. And you still don't stay with him? You have been playing with him all these days and I stood there watching you ruin my friend's life. But not anymore!" With that he tried to grab me away and throw me to the wall but before he could do that Adrien caught Will's collar and pushed him away.

"Best friends are fighting because of her."

"She has always been awful to Adrian."

"She doesn't deserve anyone's love."

"She isn't worth crap."

A billion awful murmurs fill the corridor once more.

This mess has to stop. I did not make any mistake. This bullying has to stop. I can stop this shit.

"Enough!" I shouted.

Everyone stopped, including Adrian and Will who were punching each other. I supposed they were surprised I had a voice.

"I did no mistake and I am not a whore. Being a rape victim doesn't make you a whore!" I screech at the top of my lungs.

"And you," I point towards Adrian "Stop the drama you have been causing. Only you knew that I have my personal diary in my bag. You created the whole scene just to put all the blame on me about our broken relationship and to get pity from people." Tears are streaming from my eyes but I don't stop.

"Well, your plan is all down, now. What are you going to do now, huh? Break my limbs? Rape again and again as you have been doing? You are finished, Adrian!" I cried.

Everyone started whispering about Adrian, but this time with the word "rapist". His face was now filled with shame and anger, as he looks around at the crowd.

His face softened, but it still looked forced as he stepped towards me saying "Baby, what are you talking about?" Adrien whispered, trying to win everyone back.