Chapter 13

Ryan's POV

I wrapped my knuckles with white cloth and stood in my room closing my eyes. I took a deep breathe and concentrated on the sound of rain drops that were hitting the ground and my building.

I opened my eyes and tightened my fists. I stepped my right foot back and placed my hands in a defensive position.I kept my eyes on target.

I started hitting the punching bag as hard as I could and counted my punches per minute.Being a Boxing champion, I keep practicing this to get better each day.

Boxing is my passion but my career is something else. I don't believe in college degrees,certificates and all the quandary. I believe in my dreams and my capability.My dream is to change the fate of the stock markets.

My continuous punches on the bag made a few holes on it from which sand was pouring out and the color of the cloth wrapped around my knuckles turned into slight red which indicates that practice for today is enough.

I unwrapped the cloth and threw them in a bin. I stood under the warm shower and let the sweat wash away. My slightly abraded knuckles felt good under warm water.

I wrapped towel around my torso and walked out of the bathroom. I love these kind of nights that are dark and mysterious.

At the word of mysterious Veronica's eyes flashed in my mind. Her eyes were hypnotic. Her eyes made me curious to know more about her.

I stood at the window looking down to the dark streets that were flooded with water because of heavy rain. My attention was suddenly grabbed by the loud sound of a car hitting a pole.

I quickly grabbed my clothes and rushed to the car.

What I saw next shocked me. There was an unconscious girl whose bleeding head was rested on the steering wheel and making the car beep.

I immediately pulled her out easily as windows of her car were not shut. As soon as I took her in my arms I recognized her.

Veronica.

I rushed to the hospital with her in my car and got her admitted.I filled up some of the forms and stood in the corridor leaning back to the wall.

"What is she to you?" The Doctor asked and I stood straight to face her.

"She is-She is a friend." I said hesitantly.

"It is a drink and drive case. She might be imprisoned for that" She said sternly.

"No! She did not intentionally drink. Her friends forced her and She did't even know that the drink was mixed with alcohol" I lied."I request you not to report this." I pleaded and convinced the doctor.

"How is she by the way?" I asked.