Chapter 25

Veronica's POV

"Don't worry little girl, I can unlock every locked door."

He called me a little girl? Do I look little? I agree that he is tall and I am average in height, but it doesn't mean I look like a little girl.

I feel shrunk into Lilliput with the word 'Little Girl'. I huffed and folded my hands against my chest with a pout on my face.

He chuckled for no reason looking at me and I totally ignored him. I do not want him to insult me more.Sally was busy texting on phone and I continued stare at the road. We dropped her home and headed towards our destinations.

We were alone in the car.

The ride was pretty awkward and tension was filled in the car. I felt warm in my stomach again and my breathe was struck in my throat, and I had to take long deep breathes to get lungs some oxygen.

What am I feeling?

Am I falling sick?

Am I going to die?

I gripped my knees with my palms and the whole process repeated until Ryan turned on the music which kicked out the silence out of car and calmed me down.

The silence almost took my life away. I sighed in relief.

We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

Taylor swift's voice made everything go in a slow motion around me. I looked at Ryan who concentrated on the road and his hazel eyes were small and placed evenly below trim eyebrows.

How does he have such long lashes and yet look so tough and resolute?

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, "Hello, "
Little did I know...

He has the perfect jaw line, with angular cheekbone and pointed chin which makes me want to embrace it.

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you, "Please don't go"
And I said...

And his neck,

Ryan suddenly turned his face towards me, catching me checking him out.

Ugh.This day is full of embarrassments.

I turned my neck towards the window and started mumbling the song as if I was doing nothing. I started singing along with Taylor swift.

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'."

"Yes." His voice spoke up.

"What?" I asked baffled.

"Yes" He repeated. "I say Yes."

I still had no idea what he was talking about until the virtual bulb on my head glowed bright. And, When it did, My cheeks felt the heat and my skin responded with goosebumps. Again.

Na-uh. This is going in a wrong direction. You are not supposed to respond to him like that.

"You are blushing again." He chuckled with the song still playing in the back ground and the view looked dreamy.

"I am not blushing!" I shrieked glaring at him.

He stopped the car and I was still glaring at him for the statement he made.

"You look like a little muffin when you are angry."

Little?

I became Lilliput and he seemed to be Gulliver in front of me.

Before I complain, He leaned towards me unleashing the seat belt.

Is he going to kiss me?

He is going to kiss me.

Is my breathe bad?

How should I kiss him back?

Are my lips smooth or chapped?

We gazed into each others' eyes and my lips parted to receive his kiss. He gently placed his hand on my waist unbuckling the seat belt and whispered in my ear sending shivers in spine.

"We are here."

I sat in the car like a wax doll, stiffening whole body.

He leaned back to his seat and got out of the car to open door for me.

---

Ring.Ring.

"Hello" Sally replies yawning.

"Can we go shopping?" I plead stuffing Ferrero Rocher in my mouth.

"It is 1:00 am you nocturnal creature!" She yelped yawning again.

"So what? Who says we can't talk on phone at night? All the beautiful things are done under the dark sky" I wink which she senses through our call.

"No dirty talk and What is the occasion?"

"Masquerade, You dumbo." I giggled.

"You sound like a teenage girl" She imitated my words.

"Look who's talking." I rolled my eyes. "Well, It has just been an year crossing the teenage though. We cannot really act all grown up."

"All right, When are we going?" She asked yawning again.

"Stop yawning! It annoys me! And we are skipping college tomorrow for shopping. No excuses accepted" I stated.

"Why would I do that? College is the last place on earth I want to be."

"Right. Pick me up by 11 tomorrow."

"Cool.Good night."

I hung up the call and lied back on bed to sleep. As usual, as I closed my eyes, all I could see is shirtless Ryan and lungs went out of oxygen making me panic that I am about to die.

I gave up and opened the drawer beside my bed grabbing two sleeping pills. I gulped those with some water and laid myself on bed, hugging the teddy bear.

-------END OF THE CHAPTER--------

Happy Dushera everyone :)

Dear Active readers and silent readers,

Any guesses about the stalker in previous chapter? Who can it be?Is Veronica developing feelings towards Ryan?Ryan doesn't know her past yet, Will he be same when he gets to know it?

Post your views in the comment section!

I have also published a new book called Bad boy is my boyfriend. It is a fan fiction of Harry Styles and Zayn Malik. Check it out and,

Don't forget to Vote comment share :)