Chapter 24

Unknown's POV

I see him talking to the girl with a lot of emotions. He seems upset about something. The conversation they had was short but the way he looked at her was intense.

I sigh at the sight and hold the steering wheel tight. I have been stalking him for a long time now. This period of time spent on someone would give the details of everything about the person on earth but this man here is really good at hiding things.

All his professional details are confidential but it isn't a tough task for me to get those out. The details I can't retrieve yet, is about his family.

The girl standing in front of him does know how to play it smooth and I am impressed with her skills. She made him smile when he thought he was alone.

Now, His loneliness is standing far from him and he started taking steps towards what he thinks is happiness.

Veronica, It'd be better for you darling to stay on the words you promised yourself. If you don't, your little heart will be crushed again.

And,I'd be the one taking the credit of the heart break.

Veronica's POV

I attended the college staying invisible as I have been for past a few months. Though I did not hide myself, I wasn't being noticed. The environment around me felt like, I was a ghost who could just pass through someone's body and they wouldn't even know.

It felt good to be invisible. I was no longer being bothered and all the rumors faded away as there were new targets made.

Mess in my life got so connected to me that I somewhere felt incomplete without drama in life.

"Veronica! There is masquerade party! " Sally screeched into my ear breaking me from my thoughts.

"Hello to you too Sally" I closed my ear with a hand to stop the beep caused by her voice.

"I wasn't that loud!" She screeched again, walking beside me.

"What's with you?! Have you gone crazy or something? You are gonna make me deaf." I, now closed both my ears.

"Ugh! Ignore it. I am just so excited."

"I can see that." I stated increasing the speed of my walk.

Ryan must be waiting to ride us home, we should hurry. The college is almost deserted as Sally and I got stuck up with the book,Vampire academy, which made us literally forget the time.

"Ver, I have something to give to you." She stated stopping me and pulled out a red teddy bear out of the gift pack.

"Oh my god, You bought it for me? Why are you giving me this now? It is not even my birthday."

"You don't need an occasion to gift your best friend." She smiled " I want this teddy to give you a hug whenever you are in need of it."

This is the reason we are best friends. She knows me real deep.

"This teddy is so fluffy" I leered hugging it tight.

"Indeed it is!" Sally grinned and continued walking with me.

"I love everything that is fluffy" I told poking the teddy bear and completely forgetting my surroundings.

"Isn't Ryan fluffy?"

I was too involved into the teddy bear to think before I reply.

"No, He is tough." I stated, not noticing where this conversation was going.