Chapter 27

A/N:

NOT EDITED. PLZ IGNORE THE ERRORS :)

_________________________________________

Veronica's POV

I excused myself and rushed to the rest room with my trembling feet. 

I Love You Veronica.

His words repeated in my head countless times. I entered the rest room and shut the door close. Resting my hands on the counter top, exhausted with the feelings running in me, I removed my masquerade, and looked at my reflection in the mirror. 

Tears started to form in the eyes and I tried my best to hold them back and I smile at the same time. I don't want any strains on my face which will grab attention of Sally or anyone else who would not let go off me unless I explain the reason.

He loves me.

Why in the hell did he admit it? Can't he keep his feelings to himself?

I smile, I half-laugh.

Ryan loves me!

His face flashes in my head. His touch, His smile, His eyes. 

I love you Veronica. I smile and tear rolls down my eye.

 Why am I crying and smiling at the same time? 

 Am I happy that he loves me? 

I don't even whether I love him too. I am not even clear about my feelings.  

"What should I do now?" I whispered to myself.

"Excuse me, Do you need help?" A girl spoke up.

She wore golden sequin dress exposing much of the cleavage and hardly covering her butt. She had smoky golden eyes and deep red lipstick. She had golden masquerade which covered most of her face.

"No, Thank you"  giving her a faint smile, I immediately went into one of the cabins to refresh myself.

The rest room was silent which means, I was the only one here. Of course, Everyone else must be enjoying the party.

I stepped out of the cabin, and walked to the counter top to keep my masquerade back. 

I stood frozen in my place with fear crawling inside me , when I saw a note stuck on the mirror.

'Dear Veronica,

If you want to see Ryan without a broken bone or life less body, Stay away from him. 

Your Well wisher.'

I took it in my hand stormed out of the rest room.

When I entered the hall, half of the people were done dancing and there were groups of friends laughing and deeply conversing.

I searched for the person who might have kept the note, but no one were evident. I could see only a few people standing alone in the corners drinking, including  Adrian, Henry and Ryan.

Adrian.

How could I forget that even he was here in the hall?

He would have recognized me and he might have seen me dancing with Ryan.

What a fool I am to think that he would not recognize me. 

My heart churned in fear and my body started feeling weak again. But, I have to over come this fear of him. 

I should not let him break me in every way possible. 

'Failure is not the one who loses, but the one who quits' they say. It is time for me to stand up for myself. To live my life and not let others control me.