Chapter 2

A/N

Introducing you Adrian. 

------

Veronica's POV

Life can be so stupidly unfair. One moment, I'm moving on with my life, making a markon the world, and now, of all times in the world, he has to call now. Why does fate decide to rip the stitches when they're just about to heal? Why can't we just have enough time to heal our wounds and forget the past? Why? 

 Don't be scared. Don't be scared!

 It's just a simple, possible friendly call, nothing more, nothing less. Lift up that stupid phone and see what's the matter. You know you're going to be bugged about it all day! 

 Just pick it up...

 My heart beated faster as my mind reeled through the possibilities. I shakily managed to lift my hand back up to my ear. 

 "Hello?" "H-hello..." I replied with a gulp. There was a deep pause of silence,

 "Where are you?" He whispered in a hoarse voice,

 "I'm on my way to college... is everything alright?" Sally latched onto my hand to keep it steady and to provide me with some support, 

 "I want you back." Oh.

 "What? Are you kidding me?" I laughed into the microphone, "you dumped me, there is no going back, the past is the past."

 "Really?" I could practically feel him smirking on the other side, "I'll be waiting for you, let's talk face to face then?" He snapped, cutting the line making our call come to an abrupt end. 

 I dabbed my fingers on my cheek, I was crying, this really can't happen. The past, is the past. It is all over. Was all over. No tears, stop the tears, don't waste your energy on him. Stop it! I yelled at myself from inside, I wiped away at the tears vigorously, I hope I don't look as bad as I feel. 

 Sally brushed a stray tear from my face, staring expectantly at me to explain the situation. 

 "He wants me back. Adrian wants me back." I studied her face as it morphed from calm and supportful, to shocked and horrified into deep concentration.

 "What do you want?" She asked as if she were a shrink.

 "When he left me, it was his decision, he made his position quite clear. I wasn't happy, but I found peace in my life which I guess I kind of lost during the relationship. I don't want it to happen all again. I don't want to go back to him," I wept. 

 The road signs and familiar land marks alerted me that we were close to our college, but all I could feel was nostalgic. I removed the scarf around my face, covered to avoid air pollution, and stuffed it in my bag. 

 Sally and I grabbed our ID cards for the gate and strolled inside. This is my third year in Bachelors Technology. I was into Information Systems as my dad was fond of me becoming an engineer, whereas I wanted to become a doctor. Of course I can't just go back in time and choose what I wanted. So I registered into the college and all the courses, but I suck at programming. 

 My phone vibrated in my back pocket, must be another text;

 Adrian: Watching you there. Come to the canteen - now, leave your little bestie 

Me: I have classes.

 Adrian: You know what will happen if you don't...

 Of course I knew what was going to happen. He was the freaking sports champion, he was every guys best mate and every girls dream. I huffed, I had no choice, so I replied that I'd see him in a few minutes.