Chapter 13~ A New Quest

Max's P. O. V

It's been a few days and Ross' aura is fading slowly. I am worried he might die. But he won't because we will save him. My little Narwhal will be back in my arms and we'll get back to our normal lives. I smile to myself, then frown. But what if he doesn't like me back?... I sigh. It'll be okay because we'll still be friends...right? I asked Jin about my situation earlier, but he just said it'll be fine because we're all in this together, and even if Ross doesn't like me back, he'll still be my friend no matter what. But I still don't know. I sigh and just get out of bed, putting my armor on. I walk outside of the house and to the guard tower. I was going to be on guard duty with Garroth and Barney.

"Max, you okays?"Barney asked me as we walked on the outskirts of Phoenix Drop.

"....yeah...just...worried...what if we don't save Ross on time?"I look at Barney.

"Oh wes will! We will saves the Ross and defeats the dirt Zane!"

I look down."...I don't know...what if he's too weak and won't make it?"

"Max. You worries too much! Just thinks of the positives!"

"..."

"Max. Yous my friend! I wills be there for yous. Always."

"...thanks Barney...I appreciate it..."

We walk back to the guard tower when suddenly a figure pops up from the bushes.

"Hey! Who are you?!"I ask, sword to his throat.

"My name's Bodil. I mean no harm."

Ian's P. O. V

Everyone was down on our trip to Seto's. I guess they really miss the others...I decided to lighten up the mood.

"We're off to see the wizard..."

"Seto isn't even a wizard. He's a sorcerer,"Husky said.

"Right. And you're not a Mudkip,"I said.

"Was that supposed to be sarcasm?"Jason asked me.

"I don't know. Was it? "I ask.

"Dude. Why are you asking me? You are the one who said it,"Jason replied.

"But I am not being sarcastic. I'm trying to sing a song about wizards."

"You make no sense,"Husky said.

"Mudkips don't make sense. You're a fiash."

Husky pounced on me. "Say that one more time, Ian, and I will slit your throat."

I smirk. "Fiash."

"That's it!"Husky tried clawing at me but Mitch and Jerome pulled him off of me.

"What the heck guys?!"Rob asked.

"Dude! Why'd you do that?!"Preston asked.

"I was only trying to lighten up the mood!"I said.

"STOP!"Travis screamed.

Everyone stopped.

"...we won't get anywhere if you keep fighting! So...let's just stop and get back on track..."

Husky glared at me and we keep walking. We reached a cabin and Jason brightened up. Sub walked ahead.

"That's it! That's the house!"

We all walked up to it and knocked. Ty answered the door and smiled!

"Seto! They're here!"Ty yelled into the house.