27 • prom part 1

Stacy (a month later)

"Stacy, you can't avoid prom. It's supposed to be the best night of your life, the one moment you're stress free and shit." Harry begs. I shake my head, scrolling down on my laptop, reading all the comments on Chloe's twitter.

I still can't believe she's dead. She killed herself, and all because she ruined someone else's life. Even if she wasn't a bitch, I still don't think her solution was the best. And that was only a tad of the worst part. Her parents are traveling business people so when they returned home last week, that was when she was found dead. A month after she killed herself.

"No, I'm not going." I say sternly. There's no need for me to go, Luke will be there and I don't want him to call me a virgin again instead of his girlfriend. Plus, why should I go? To dance by myself and look like a fool? No thanks.

And even if I were to go to prom, it'll be strange even if I avoid Luke. We haven't spoken since we turned in our prosthetic children. Yes, he remembered the children but not me. Isn't that bullshit?

And the worst part is, I still have the ring.

"Well if I can't convince you, maybe someone else can." Harry says, looking behind the door. He nods before the person behind it walks in.

"Tora!" I scream, jumping to hug her. I haven't seen her in person in two years. I've talked to her over my computer, yes, but I haven't actually talked to her like this since then.

"Hey, Stacy." She says, smiling. She frowns when I back away from the hug. "I heard you aren't going to prom."

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Trust me, there's a reason you need to go. Get ready and fix yourself up. Please, hun?"

"Fine." I give in. "But I'm not going without you and Harry. And what about the tickets?"

"Already done, doll. Now let's get a dress."