12 • elevator confessions

Stacy 

Stuck in an elevator. Out of all possible situations. I'm stuck in an elevator. Not only that, but I'm here with Luke, and tomorrow is Monday. Which means I'm going to be here until 9 o'clock tomorrow, past when school begins. Thank you life for setting me up with such failure, can we try again next week too? 

"What are we gonna do now?" I ask, slouching against the wall.

"Elevator sex?" Luke suggests. I think about it for a moment.

An elevator is small, uncomfortable, and I'm stuck in it with the biggest jerk of them all. So if I said yes... wait, what am I thinking? This is Luke Hemmings. The school player who tries to sleep with almost every girl in the school. I shake my head, clearing my mind before responding.

"No."

"You hesitated." He quickly says after.

"Because I was thinking about it."

"You actually thought about it? Does it mean you like me?"

"No, it means I still have my knife in my boot."

"Fine. Is there anyone you could call?"

"My brother. But I don't know if he's at work or not." I say, shrugging. I pull my phone out of my pocket before checking the time: 7:01.

"You have a brother?"

"Yes. Harry Styles. You know him?"

"But your last name is Robins, and you have brown eyes, not green." He says, obviously confused. I huff.

"My middle name is Robins, and I just wear color contacts. I hate the fact that I'm his twin, so I hide it whenever I'm at school."

"He's your twin?"

"You know what? I shouldn't have even told you. You're probably gonna tell the whole school and ruin me all because you don't like me."

"I like you. You just don't like me for some reason. You changed my dick personality to a desperate man. I can't even go back to my normal self around you because you changed me that much, Stacy." I look over to him, then back at the ground.

"I actually like you. I just keep blocking you out because I've never had anyone like me before." Luke smiles and walks over to me, sitting down right beside me.

Damn, even sitting he was taller than me.

"Can you take off your contacts?"

"Why?"

"I'm tired of you hiding yourself." I sigh before touching my eye multiple times until the small object landed on my fingertip.

Luke 

Stacy is beautiful without her contacts. Her green eyes bring out small freckles below them that no one had noticed before, and it complemented her look. Even with the contacts, she looked beautiful, but without them, I now know the real definition of gorgeous.

"You look absolutely amazing." I stutter.

"No I don't. I hate my face. Guys like girls who look like Kim Kardashian or something." I chuckle.

"Kim Kardashian is pretty hot, I admit that. But I don't particularly like her enough to date her."

"But what about those girls in school that you've been with? They all are skinny, non-virgins, and pretty."

"You are a pretty, skinny, virgin. Just one thing separates you from them, and it's not that big of a deal." Stacy sighs.

"I think I like you. Like - like you, like you." She confesses.

"So does that mean I can kiss you?" I mumble. She turns my direction.

"It does."