Memory by bookwormDS

25 October 2013

Q1. What's the name of the book?

A. Memory

Q2. What is the genre of your book?

A. Teen Fiction, Fan Fiction, & A Hint of Romance

Q3. What gave you the  idea for your book?

A. I had just found out about Wattpad this Summer and I thought it would be an excellent way to share my writing. It was really just the matter of, what was I going to write about. It actually took me a long while to think of the story Memory. I knew I wanted it to be a 1D fanfic, but that was really the only sure the I knew. I went through a whole bunch plot ideas before I actually got to the story I have today. At first it was, a girl who moved to London for college and she ended up going to the same college as One Direction. After many scribbles and strikeouts, I ended up having my story being about a girl moving from Canada to LA for college. But, I knew I wanted it to be somewhat different from all those other fanfics out there, I wanted it to have orginality and stand out from the typical love story. So I added a Memory. A tragic Memory, for my main character. This Memory is what eventually tied her to One Direction later on.

Q4. Can you give a summary of your book?

A. Bridget 'Bree' King is an average 17 year old heading off to college. Though she is excited to be studying in the bustling city of Los Angeles along with her best friend Allie Horan, she is also nervous that moving back to California might unearth the painful memories of her past. Over time she learned how to cope with it by keeping her past a secret from others and guarding her heart from those who tried to get close to her. In Toronto this seemed to work but in LA where everyone is bright and eager to be in the spotlight, Bree finds it hard to find her flow. With her dark hair, pasty skin, boyish clothes and nerdy persona, she finds it even harder to fit in with all the sun-kissed beach bods. Harry Styles is one of these typical Californians. Arrogant, rich, good-looking, athletic flirty type that could get any girl he wants. These are the types of people that Bree ignores and is ignored by. But Harry is different. Harry knows her in ways that no one else does, and this scares Bree. Will she be able to make it in LA? Will she ever fit in? Will she find love? Or will all the walls she spent nearly 7 years building come crumbling down?

Q5. Why do you believe it is a good read?

A. Your in for an emotional, heart wrenching, passionate, funny, lovable, jarring, amazing, delicious and entertaining roller coaster of a book

Q6. What would you like to say to those  who read your book?

A.Thank you

Click the external link to go straight to the interviewed story.