One Day In Brooklyn by mirmy10

18 August 2013

Q1. What's the name of the book?

A. One Day In Brooklyn

Q2. What is the genre of your book?

A. Historical Fiction

Q3. What gave you the  idea for your book?

A. One of my best friends gave me the premise and asked me to write it because he doesn't have very good writing skills and knew that I did.

Q4. Can you give a summary of your book?     

A. If you look hard enough, on the crowded streets of Brooklyn in 1949 you can find a boy. At first he may seem ordinary, but once you get to know him, you get to realize he is talented. He is a teenage musical prodigy, the music he plays is like a spawn of Mozart and Bach. 

He has lately turned to his music to get him through everything, including the death of his father. He only has one dream which is to get into the Grand Symphony Orchestra. Then he gets some news that brings him back to reality and he realizes how everything can change in just one day in Brooklyn.

Q5. Why do you believe it is a good read?

A. Because it is a heartwarming book that shows how you don't live forever and the bond of siblings, though they aren't by blood, and how that love can last through anything.

Q6. What would you like to say to those  who read your book?

A. I'd say bring some tissues, because the book will make you cry, laugh, and in the end truly make you think about your life.

Click the external link to go straight to the interviewed story.