:Chapter 12:

:Dalton:

I walked a little shaken to the diner. Isabella held the helmets in her hand. "See it wasn't that bad." Isabella said smiling at me. "I feel dizzy." I said shaking my head. "Lets get some drinks." Isabella said putting her hand on my back. I nodded as she led me to the cashier. A small delicate blonde stood there in one of the diner outfits.

"Table for two." Isabella said as she put some money down. "I was going to pay." I said standing up. Isabella pushed my hand aside. The blonde nodded. With that she began leading us to a table in the back. I've been to this diner a few times. When I was young my parents would bring us there, I would always eat the big mac burger.

As she seated us, another waitress came up and handed us menus before leaving. The blonde looked up bored before forcing a smile. She was human. "My name is Jennifer, I'll be your waitress today, what would you guys like for drinks?" Jennifer asked as she stared at us bored. I'm guessing she was in her thirties. Probably a woman working this job while attempting to raise a family by herself.

The diners walls were a peeling red outlined in white. Some of the inner walls were made of tiles. You could tell they were getting ready to remodel. The floors were made of a freshly polished tile. I'm sure people dragging dirt in angered the workers.

"I'll have a sweet tea." Isabella said as she began scanning the menu. Jennifer nodded as she scribbled that down on her pad. "I'll have water." I said as I too began scanning the menu. Jennifer nodded before walking away. Isabella continued scanning the contents. I already knew what I wanted so I put the menu down.

Isabella sneaked a peak at me before going back to the menu. After two minutes Isabella placed the menu down. "Have you ever encounter a cannibalistic supernatural creature." Isabella asked looking me in the eyes. "No, I've really only dealt with rogues." I answered truthfully. "Werewolves seen so." Isabella started. "Domesticated." I suggested. It was sorta true. Isabella nodded.

"One of the beginning hunters books has a whole section on werewolf governments." Isabella said looking me in the eyes. I laughed. "Werewolves may seem like a big race but we're an average size." I said nervously.

"But we do govern ourselves differently." I answered looking back at her. "King Leo watches over while the Alphas govern their packs." I answered truthfully. The king was the Alpha of the royal pack which was the largest pack in the world which had tops about fifty members." I answered. "That's what confuses humans, when they think werewolf pack they think hundreds." Isabella said looking at me.

I nodded. Humans were so misguided about the supernatural. Like vampires. They did not burst into flames when coming into contact with UV rays. The sun only irritated their eyes. They also get sunburned way more easily so they tend to avoid the sun for that reason.

"How many pack members do you have?" Isabella asked tilting her head to the side. "Maybe forty." I said taking a guess. Despite many peoples thinking, their were many packs. Like hundreds. Packs usually split then formed nearby packs. It was a way to ensure fair ruling.

Since werewolves are immortals having too many Alphas, Betas, Gammas, and Deltas can be bad. So when the next generation comes another small pack is created and the original pack is given another branch. It's very complicating and confusing but they share the same territory that sometimes goes to nearby towns. When bad stuff happens they become one pack.

"So your a large pack?" Isabella asked raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, we have more members but they branched off to smaller packs of ours." I answered. "I don't know how we began talking about werewolf politics although its much more interesting than humans with their Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump." Isabella said rolling her eyes.