Apology (Part 3)

After days, Donghyuk finally was conscious. The first thing he saw was his mother sleeping by his bed side. He thought that she must've missed work for him. He examined the room and he saw a familiar box by the table next to him. He reached for it and it was his favourite s'mores from the first café shop that he tried with Jennie. It made him smile thinking about how thoughtful Jennie is.

His mother then woke up and asked him if he's feeling any pain or if he wanted food or anything, but he refused. He just happily ate the s'mores from Jennie. His mother was so happy to see him look like that. It reminded her of a memory when he was just a kid eating his favourite meal that his dad buys for him when he had extra income.

"Oh! Your friend was here earlier and left this for you." His mother gave the notebooks. It was filled with notes from the classes he's been missing. At first she thought it was from Lisa, but he noticed the bad penmanship and made him burst into a laugh.

"That pabo!" He finds it really funny because he knows how much June hates writing notes from class. He asked her mom for his hand phone and he took a photo of it.

✿ ✿ ✿

At the university, June was waiting for the principal to return from a meeting. When the principal arrived, he bowed in front of him. He let June take a seat in his office and asked what it is that he wanted to talk about. June then told about Donghyuk's situation and begged so that he would be allowed to take quizzes and exams even when he's at the hospital. He even told him how great Donghyuk is as a student and how he's been acing the previous exams.

"Even if he has great records that would still be against school's policies, child." The principal said and explained further about how impossible the request is.

When June got out of the Principal's office, he didn't give up. He immediately asked Jisoo about Yunhyeong's whereabouts and went directly to Yunhyeong's class and waited for him. June thought that Yoyo could help him as he was the Student Council's President after all.

"June?"

"Yunhyeong hyung!"

June told him about his request being denied by the principal. Yunhyeong thought that it would be impossible because it was already the word of the principal, but June looked so desperate so he really was trying to think of a way too.

"How about we raise a petition and asked other students to sign it? Maybe he would reconsider if we get a lot of signatures." June suggested.

"That wouldn't be enough." Yunhyeong said. June then looked upset because he knew that Yunhyeong was right.

"We should ask for Donghyuk's class professors to back us up with the petition if we want it to work." Yunhyeong said.

June was so happy because he could finally see that it's possible since it was likely for the professors to support the cause because Donghyuk is a really great student. Yunhyeong asked for the whole Student Council's support and they all helped in getting signatures from all the students. The rest of the gang helped even when they were all busy in studying for exams and doing projects.

After weeks of gathering signatures and asking for the professors' support, June again faced the principal with Yunhyeong, Student Council's vice president, and all of Donghyuk's professors. They brought all the signatures that they got from all the students.

The meeting was long. Lisa, Chanwoo and Jisoo waited outside the room. They were all hoping for positive response from the Principal.

When the meeting was adjourned, they saw a very happy face from Yunhyeong and June.

"The principal approved!!" Yunhyeong cheered.

"≧ω≦ Wasabiiiiiiiii~" Jisoo got really excited and hugged Yunhyeong.

The lovey dovey scene made June feels like he's being kicked by a unicorn. Lisa and Chanwoo were just laughing at June's face.They were all proud of how June worked hard for this to happen so they all went to Donghyuk after their classes and told him the great news.