Wait for Me (Part 7)

It was the day before the final semester of their school year starts. Bobby had a free day so he just stayed home. He saw Chanwoo playing video games with Donghyuk and June. He thought that it might be his day off from his part time job. Bobby had eye contact with Donghyuk for some reason. Chanwoo did not understand why, but he soon forgot about it. Bobby went at the kitchen to prepare coffee.

When June complained that he was hungry already, Chanwoo went to the kitchen to get some food for him. Bobby was there drinking from the cup of coffee. Chanwoo looked at Bobby.

"Why are looking at me like that?" Bobby asked.

Chanwoo replied immediately, "I – I was just wondering why you're home at this time of the day because you're always at the business at this hour."

"I finished all the work yesterday so I had a free time today." He said. 

Chanwoo just acknowledge by nodding his head and didn't say a word because he can't think of anything to talk about. He grabbed four different snacks from the table. When Chanwoo was about to go back to June and Donghyuk, Bobby called his attention again, "Chanwoo, are you and Lisa going out?"

⊙▂⊙

"Eeeeee? Is this about missing Hanbin hyung's flight? We just can't miss work because it's our first day at the Café shop." Chanwoo freaked out, but at the same time he was happy that Bobby is talking to him with a different topic other than business and school.

"No. I just remembered having an argument before with Jennie. She kept on insisting that you two are perfect for each other, but I explained to her over and over again that you two are just best friends." Bobby explained.

Chanwoo then thought about it. He contemplated about it hard because he never thought about Lisa in that light. He knows that he likes her a lot, but he could not figure out if it means that he wants her to be his girlfriend. Bobby saw the confused look on his face.

"Hyung, how do you know if you want a girl to be your girlfriend?" Chanwoo asked.

Bobby chuckled because seeing how confused Chanwoo was only proved that he was wrong and Jennie was right.

"Well... you know that you want her to be your girlfriend when you feel like you want to spend every single day with her. You want her to be your girlfriend when you could not imagine her with someone else. You want her to be your girlfriend when you want to be the first one to know about how her day went, if she's happy, or if she's sad..."

Chanwoo was waiting for him to continue, but Bobby looked like a bubble that popped and went back to the cold looking guy.

"I got to go somewhere. I'll get home before dinner." Bobby quickly searched for his car keys and drove off.

June came to check in the kitchen to know what took Chanwoo so long to get food. He heard what Bobby said.

"I'm sorry. Did you wait long? I got the chips already. Let's head back at the living room." Chanwoo suggested.

June wanted to ask Chanwoo so he did.

"Do you want her to be your girlfriend?"

✿ ✿ ✿

Text from: My Kimbab_______

I'll be there in a couple of minutes. Please come out of your house

_________________________

Jennie was so surprised to receive a message from Bobby. The last text he received from his was the one when he told her not be a burden. She was curious what he's up to. She changed her clothes and told her mom that she's going out for a while. Her mom reminded her return before dinner and don't go to the club with Rose because it's the first day of the 2nd semester tomorrow.

Soon after, Bobby came. He opened the window of his car and shouted, "Come with me!"

She got inside the car and asked him where they are going, but he wouldn't tell. They were driving for 2 hours already.

"Kim Bobby! You have to tell me where you are taking me!" Jennie ordered Bobby.

Bobby chuckled, "Just a couple of minutes. We're almost there."

She looked at his smile and it made her feel like she doesn't need to worry. She took a deep breath and just enjoyed the scenery since they were near a farm. Bobby stopped the car in front of an old abandoned house. They both got out of the car. He reached for her hands and she willingly held his. They walked around the house, got up and over the fence, and walked a little further. The place is nice. The grass grows tall and they were really green unlike in the city. The air feels nice and it blew her long brown hair gently. They were getting closer and closer to a big old tree and when they got to the tree they stopped walking.

"What's this about? Where are we?" She asked.

"Omma, this is Jennie."

Jennie did not understand at first, but she looked down and saw the writing on the tree. It was where his mom's ashes lie. He never let her come with him before when he visits his mom's grave.

He continued, "She's the one I've been talking about every time I visit."

As the wind blew again, a teardrop fell. She bowed in front of the tree and a stream of tears followed. She tried to dry her tears, but they kept pouring. It was overwhelming for her to finally meet Bobby's mom.

She said with a shaking voice, "It's nice to meet you."

Bobby held her hands. She lifted her head and stood up straight.

He wiped her tears and said, "I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for being scared before, but now I just know how stupid I was for breaking up with you. I wanted to start by introducing you to the most special woman in my life."

He lifted her chin so that she would look straight at him.

"Jennie, would you, for the second time, be mine?"

"Are you trying to be funny, Kimbab? I'm always yours." She was still crying because of how happy she felt, but she remembered about the job offer abroad that she accepted.

"Kimbab, I have to tell you something – "

"I know. Yoyo already told me. It's okay if you accept the offer. It's a good opportunity. You've waited long for me to be ready. I could wait for you too."

Jennie could not describe what she's feeling. It's a combination of happiness and fear for what might happen in the future. One thing she's sure of is how much she loves the man standing in front of him. Their lips met and shared a deep kiss. She could feel the warmth from Bobby's arms which are tightly around her waist. They smiled and laughed after that.

Bobby told her that it was their old house. He showed her around and told her stories. They went to a nearby playground where he always plays with Chanwoo. When it was already 4pm, they decided to go back home because Jennie made a promise to her mom. He got her home just in time and they shared another kiss.