Chapter 8- Slip Up

Start from the beginning

"You know what's cute?" Dinah asked to no one in particular. "How the parents take care of the cubs. I mean just look at Nala for example, that's so cute!"

"Well, they are their parents D, I think that's what they're supposed to do." Normani responded, lightly chuckling.

"True, but that still doesn't make it any less cute. The bond they have is just so sweet." She said while taking a quick peek and Lauren and Camila. The two girls blushed at her antics.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The movie continued on and Lauren noticed Camila getting fidgety.

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

Camila didn't answer her, instead she just shook her head, not taking her eyes off the screen. Lauren knew she slipped into her little space, if the silence wasn't a hint then Camila bringing her fingers to her mouth to bite on them were.

"Camz!" Lauren whisper-yelled "Remember where we are‽"

Camila just softly whined, not really caring where she was right now. She was getting fussy and Lauren knew she was tired. To Lauren's surprise though, Camila repositioned herself onto her lap, her friends head resting on her chest. Of course this didn't go unnoticed.

"Uh, Lo? Any reason you have Camila on top of you?" Normani asked.

"Follow up?" Ally spoke up "Why is she chewing on her hand?"

Lauren looked down at where Dinah was sat, sharing a scared look with her friend. How would she explain why Camila was cuddling up on top of her? Her eyes were pleading to Dinah to help her come up with something.

"Come on guys" Dinah started "We all know Camila bits her fingers when she's tired or distracted, remember she even did it on that on radio interview."

"That's true." Ally said agreeing with Dinah.

"As for the cuddling, I don't really mind, besides these seats hurt after awhile anyway." Lauren said, her voice calmer than she expected it to be.

"Girl I agree." Normani laughed.

"I'm a little tired too anyway so I think her and I are just going to go to take a little nap now, long morning y'know?" Lauren said while getting the smaller girl off from ontop of her. "Come on Camzi." She said holding her hand out. Camila sleepily nodded and took her hand to follow her friend to the bunks.

When the door closed behind them Ally and Normani practically leaped at Dinah for answers.

"Did that just happen?" Ally asked her genuinely surprised.

"I'm not going to even try to lie, that was honestly really cute!" Normani added.

"Hush! You don't want them to hear you, and yes that really did happen, I'm not sure why though. I don't know too much about this y'all." Dinah said to her friends.

"Whatever the reason may be I still can't get over it." Normani said. She turned to Ally "Did you see how Lauren just changed personalities too? It's like she became a different person when Camila and her left."

"I know! Mom Lauren is something I never really thought about happening before. She fits the role quite well though." Ally giggled.

"Guys I really promised them not to talk to you two but this just yet. They said they're not ready for all of us to know and I want to keep that promise." Dinah said seriously.

"I understand, you're a good friend girl. Can I just ask one thing though? I'll stop after that." Normani asked.

"I guess."