10) texts

iMESSAGE between JASMINE and ISABELLE

jasmine
hey, do you need anything else from the store? i got all the food you asked for

izzy
um, could you get me some chocolate? ive really been craving it . and my stomach hurts, but im sure it'll go away

jasmine
have you told Anthony?

izzy
no, hes taking a nap. im laying down in my room

jasmine
that's good. hopefully laying down should help you feel better
READ 12:24 PM

_________________

ISABELLE SCREAMED FOR ANTHONY to come to her bathroom upstairs. She was panicking and freaking out.

When she had gone to use the bathroom, she noticed blood in her underwear. Oh shit, she thought. I'm dying.

"I'm here, I'm here," Anthony said, standing in the doorway.

Isabelle couldn't stop herself from shaking and crying, so she ran into Anthony's arms.

"What's wrong?" Anthony asked, wiping her tears away.

"I'm dying!" Izzy sobbed.

"What's happening?" Anthony asked, fearful that Izzy might actually be very sick.

"There- there was blood!" Izzy said.

"Where? Where was there blood?"

"I-in my underwear!"

Anthony's face went expressionless. He knew exactly what was wrong, but he didn't know how to deal with it. They had only had Izzy for a few weeks now, and just were beginning to grow closer to her.

"Hang on, let me call Jazz," he said.

"What is calling Jazz gonna do?!" Izzy cried. "I'm over here bleeding to death!"

__________________

PHONE CALL between ANTHONY and JASMINE

[anthony is in bold, jasmine is in italics]

What do you need? Can't it wait till I get home? I'm almost done grocery shopping.

I don't think it can wait until you get back.

What happened? Is Izzy okay?

I think she just- kinda got- her-period.

Has she gotten it before?

I don't think so. She's crying, and keeps saying she's bleeding to death.

Oh. Can you explain to her about it right now, before I get home? I don't want her to be all freaked out.

Me? Explain it to her? I'm freaking out myself! I'm not a woman, I don't know how to deal with this!

Just be as sweet as you can. She's probably terrified.

Okay. Make sure to pick up pads, chocolate, and painkillers.

Will do. Love you. I'll see you soon.

Love you. Bye.

___________________

ANTHONY WALKED BACK INTO the bathroom to find Izzy sitting on the floor. She still looked very scared.

Anthony explained everything as best he could to Izzy. "It's a natural thing, and nothing to be scared about," he said. "Jasmine will explain better when she gets home."

Izzy nodded. "Come on," Anthony said. "Come watch baseball with me. You'll feel better."

"Okay." Izzy slowly stood up and went to go sit on the couch with Anthony. He slowly rubbed her back to try and get rid of the cramps. A few minutes later, Jasmine walked in the door. Immediately, she pulled Izzy into a hug.

"Oh, you poor thing!" she said. "I understand, it's very scary at first."

Jasmine explained everything easier to Izzy, and Izzy felt better about everything. It was probably the first close moment she had shared with Jasmine.

After Jasmine explained everything, the two girls went downstairs to watch TV while Anthony made dinner.

"So, on a scale of one to ten, how much was Anthony freaking out?" Jasmine asked.

"Oh, he was probably freaking out more than I was," Izzy laughed.

"Hey!" Anthony said from the kitchen. "I heard that!"

The two girls laughed as there was a knock at the door. Jasmine answered, and surprisingly it was Thayne.

"What're you doing here?" Izzy asked.

"I BROUGHT CHOCOLATE," Thayne yelled. "Congrats on becoming a woman!"

Izzy's face flustered red. "You told everyone?" she said through gritted teeth.

"Of course!" Jasmine said. "You're so grown up! And, they're your family too."

______________

i know im gonna get a slew of comments saying "ewwww periods are gross why did you write about that"

the reasons i wrote about are:

1) it's something that all girls reading this can relate to.

2) I wanted Isabelle to become closer with Anthony and Jasmine. One of my friends suggested writing about this topic because it is a big change in girl's lives, and can be tough to go through. I chose this topic because it would show that Anthony and Jasmine are making it easier for Izzy.

if you hated this idea, i am open to criticism :/