78) texts

iMESSAGE between CARLEIGH and IZZY

carleigh💗
hey baby. im really sorry about the drama. if you need to talk, im here. i love you❤️
READ 1:10 PM

_________________

iMESSAGE between JONATHAN and IZZY

groffsauce
I love you
READ 1:12 PM
You shouldn't have had to read that article. I'm sorry. I should've tried harder to keep you from seeing it
READ 1:13 PM

______________________

iMESSAGE between DAVEED and IZZY

LAFAYETTE
Isabelle, we're all on your side in this struggle. The things people are saying to you hurt my heart and they have to stop. I love you so much, kid. I want to see you smile again. Btw, is Jasmine feeling better? I know she's been feeling sick. Love you both. 💗
READ 1:14 PM

______________________

iMESSAGE between JAVIER and IZZY

cafecito guy
Stay happy, Izzy. I know you're a strong girl, and there's so many people that care about you. Please stay strong for us. You have so much to live for. You're extremely beautiful and talented. Lots of love ❤️
READ 1:16 PM

____________________

iMESSAGE between ANTHONY and IZZY

anthony❤️
Baby, I love you more than you'll ever know. I know I'll never be like a father figure to you, but I feel like your older brother and I have to protect you. You can't sit in your room and let these comments keep getting to you. You have to be strong and defend yourself. I'm always here if you need to talk. 💛
READ 1:19 PM

_______________________

Buckle your seat belts. This is gonna be quite a long author's note.

First of all, thanks for 5K reads!!! This story has grown so much farther than I thought it would and I LOVE YOU ALL!

Second, I want to give an important PSA.

Izzy's story with all the hate on the Internet is based off of a few months of my life. I posted a few selfies to my old Instagram page. Immediately, I was swarmed with hate. What's even worse, is the people giving me hate were the ones I sat near in class every day. They said things even more hateful than what I published in this book, and it made me very upset.

Unfortunately, I have a digestive issue that prevents me from gaining weight, which makes me VERY skinny and VERY underweight. Kids at my school constantly called me anorexic, ugly, disgusting, a bitch, and things much worse.

I thought it would never end. It was extremely hard to make any friends bc of this, but I had about 2 friends that stuck with me through the whole situation, and I'm so thankful for them and we're still best friends today.

I discovered Hamilton on my own sometime in November. I was still being bullied and had recently gotten very sick (requiring surgery!) and needed something to keep me distracted. Hamilton completely changed my life, and I became a better person out of it. I listened to it every day, and I still do.

In May, my mom surprised me with Hamilton tickets, and I had never been more happy. Even better, we saw the show July 6, with the entire original cast. The performance changed my life, and I took up theater again (after a few year hiatus) and may be going to a prestigious arts school next year.

When I went to New York in July, I met Anthony and was able to tell him how much he inspires me, and he was so kind to me! I cried when I met him, because he pulled me out of the dark hole I was in.

The experience with social media has still left me very self-conscious. I'm still afraid to post pictures of my face. I'm still afraid to wear makeup bc I'll get called a "fake bitch." I'm still afraid to go back to school next month and see all the people who harassed me.

But, for you guys, I'll post a picture of half my face.

(I've had people tell me I look like Groff, which I find flattering, but I really don't see the resemblance)

So, thank you to those who took the time to read this. Yes, I'm doing much better now and haven't had any harassment online (I changed my account so people from school couldn't find me)

Remember that if you keep believing in something, it will come true. My dream is to be on Broadway, which hasn't happened yet, but I was so inspired by something that I started doing theatre again and had become more confident.

:)